Looking for Good Mobile Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman22360

I am looking for a good mobile antenna. I am mostly wanting the 150-165 MHZ and the 450-470. 800 MHZ not a major concern. I want something fairly short, I have a '99 Jeep and want to be able to drive in my garage with out hooking it or tearing it off. Looking for something approx. 13-16". I have tried the PMM3B antenna, works fine, but want a little better signal if possible. Want a Magnet Mount.
Thanks for all info!!!

NYRHKY94

Chevyman22360:

You will get alot of different opinions with your question (which is a good thing). I have a Radial Larsen Tri-Band and love it. It has a small footprint (16-18") and does a great job on the bands you are looking for.

Thanks - Mike

n4yek

Look at the "sticky" thread at the beginning of this forum and look in the wiki. It has a section on scanner antennas and reviews on them.

Chevyman22360

NYRHKY94 said:
Chevyman22360:

You will get alot of different opinions with your question (which is a good thing). I have a Radial Larsen Tri-Band and love it. It has a small footprint (16-18") and does a great job on the bands you are looking for.

Thanks - Mike
These ever come on sale on Ebay, looked but could not find one. This I assume is a NMO mount?
Thanks

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Yep, it has an NMO mount. I have three of them and love them. Got mine from Ham Radio Outlet.

cuelco

cuelco

I know this is an old post.....but i recently purchased the Austin Spectra for a mobile antenna. I am using the Larsen magnetic mount. I am very impressed with the performance of this antenna across all the frequencies. I am always looking for something better though. Does anyone know of a better mobile antenna. It will be hard to be the Spectra!

n4yek

cuelco said:
I know this is an old post.....
One day old constitutes 'Old Post', that's a good one. :lol: (please forgive me, this made me laugh)
cuelco said:
but i recently purchased the Austin Spectra for a mobile antenna. I am using the Larsen magnetic mount. I am very impressed with the performance of this antenna across all the frequencies. I am always looking for something better though. Does anyone know of a better mobile antenna. It will be hard to be the Spectra!
I don't know if you find a better mobile antenna. I have heard that antenna is excellent and one day I might have to purchase one.

Status
Not open for further replies.