Banned
Hi everyone i am comeing to spend some time with my dad in Arizona
and here in new York i like to listen in on Air Ambulances
dispatches i have checked the Radio reference data basic
and i see you have two Native Air Ambulances and PHI AIR EVAC Helicopter
are they very busy and is ther much Radio Traffic with them

thank you for any help

KB7MIB

AirEvac is on 155.325. I don't normally listen to them, so I don't know how active they are.
HALO 151, a joint venture between AirEvac and several West Valley FD's, is dispatched by Phoenix FD's Regional Dispatch Center on 154.190, and K-deck 1 on the RWC, just like any other apparatus as needed.
AFAIK, Native Air doesn't use a monitorable radio system for comms between the helos and their dispatcher.

154.280, known in the Phoenix area as "fire channel 4" as all the FD's have it programmed into channel 4 in their analog bank/deck/group/zone of their radios, is used for LZ comms.

Phoenix PD helos, known as "Firebird" assist with mountain rescues, but do not transport. They usually operate with Phoenix FD on K-10, K-11 or K-12, where mountain rescue assignments are conducted.

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Air Evac is most active on 155.325 which is their primary channel that covers the West Valley. They can be heard less frequently on 155.530 and 155.2875 in central Phoenix and the Northeast Valley respectively.

Native Air (and recently Lifeline helos) can be heard on 464.025 in the East Valley. They are supposedly on an LTR passport system for other areas. There is not a lot of info on the Passport talkgroups, and they cannot be properly monitored by a scanner.

Both Air Evac and Native are fairly active.

Phoenix805

I hear Air Evac a few times a week although I don't monitor a lot anymore. Most of the comms I hear are pretty mundane. Normally all I hear is something like 'Air Evac 1 headed for Thunderbird hospital, 10 minute ETA, 3 on board, 1 hour 15 minutes fuel'. Of course I miss calls when not monitoring, and probably miss a lot when the scanner's locked on fire dept traffic.

Once a month or so I'll actually hear them relaying patient info such as 'transporting 30 year old male gunshot victim in stable but serious condition with severe wound in upper right chest quadrant, pulse 80, resp 15 and labored, BP 115 over 65'.

Like I said, air ambulances aren't my priority, I focus more on Fire and PD in my area, so I'm sure I miss a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.