Looking for help with AWIN on a Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nascar-Fan

Newbe here with a PRO-96. I have been into scanning for years but have let my hobby slid since the digital system went in. I have a prem sub here and have bought the WIN96 software. I get confused about what freq and such to load for a digital system. I have tried and seem to have the groups in the radio, but no voice action. I'm sure I have some setting incorrrect or something else. I want the ASPD troop F & D and the Pine Bluff police and Jefferson co sherriff dept.
I guess it's time to sell my two BC780's.
Thanks for any help along the way.

btritch

I don't know much about the pro 96 since I have a PSR 500, However, The programming should about work the same... Is there a way you can import your info from the database here into pro 96, I have that capability with my win 500 software and it's much easier, If not, Perhaps someone here can help with this question, As I said, I don't know much about the pro 96, Does it even do digital?

Steve

Nascar-Fan try this file. If you can't unzip the file, e-mail at tayl91@bellsouth and I will send the file direct to you.

Attachments

• Nascar-Fan.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 31

Nascar-Fan

Thanks, I got the file and unzipped it. I don't know what type file it is. I looked to import it to Win96 and it didn't like it. I tried to look at it with notpad and it was machine language. I guess I don't know enough to know.
I have got some AWIN freqs & TG's shot into the radio via RRDB import option. I just don't know if I need to put the State police & my local county, PBPD and such in one bank or what. I travel for work from West Memphis thru Pine Bluff and down to Monroe La. on a weekly run. I keep my time occupied while driving by scanning the local & state PD's. How is the best way to orginize my banks? My BC780 I had it setup with a North bank, South bank & local bank.

Steve

Nascar-Fan, it was a p96 file. I used my Pro-96 and Win96 to make the file. If you want to give me an e-mail address and I will send an unzipped copy to you.
What version of Win96 are you using? I am using Version 1.55 but will update to version 1.56 later today

Status
Not open for further replies.