Looking for help with my 346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernTier

A couple of quick questions...

1) While scanning a system if the "signal bars" are not displaying, am I not getting a signal?

2) Sometimes I cannot receive on a certain system, when this happens I have put it on hold and scrolled to a talkgroup and get the "Finding CtrlChan". Why can I not find a control channel?

It seems like this system only works when it wants to...

jcpd9720

I have not handled that exact scanner, but it sounds like some things I have seen on my 396xt. If scanning analog, and nobody is transmitting, you shouldn't have signal bars... no signal to detect.

As for the finding control channel, I wrestled with mine for 6 hours before I realized that my squelch was all the way up (15). Try adjusting that down, 2 should be low enough for you to be happy without stopping on every analog channel around you, and be able to hear the trunking system you are looking for.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1) While scanning a system if the "signal bars" are not displaying, am I not getting a signal?
Correct, you are not getting a signal.

2) Sometimes I cannot receive on a certain system, when this happens I have put it on hold and scrolled to a talkgroup and get the "Finding CtrlChan". Why can I not find a control channel?

You are either out of range of the system or do not have the correct frequencies programmed for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.