Looking for Ideas Nissan titan/armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone mounted radio equipment in a 2005/06 Titan or Armada that has the bucket seats and console?

If so, do you have some pictures?

I have a new Titan and looking for ideas for installations of 2 spectras (uhf/vhf), 1 orion (800mhz) and one pro-2096 or BCd996.

Any thoughts or pictures would be apprectiated.

Thanks,

Dave

drosenstein

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the same boat. I just bought a Titan, with the captain's chairs and the console. So far I have only temporarily installed my BCD996T. It fits in the open space in front of the center console quite nicely. So far my biggest concern is antennas. Do I really want to drill 3/8" holes in a $40K truck?

Anyway, sounds like you have more radios than I will. Do you have the rear seat DVD? If not, I would think you might have some space in your center console, it's not an ideal location as far as visibility is concerned, but at least it could be stealth.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
If you don't want to drill holes, and you don't want some mag-mount scratching your paint, you might try a suction cup antenna mount on the inside of your back window. Works pretty well and holds an HT-sized BNC antenna (or maybe you can even get a Diamond RH77 to fit, then use another small suction cup to keep the end from bouncing around). I've got a dual suction cup mount and it works pretty well. Gets the job done...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/3069.html

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Yeah mine is the same thing. I did not get the dvd... i have thought about using that space. but you can't see it for squat... so i don't know.. anyhow.. the choices are very few...
the antennas aren't a concern for me.. i have a cross over toolbox on the back of the truck and the antennas can mount on it and on the headache rack behine the back window... its just mounting the dang control heads.. all of the radio decks will fit nicely behind the rear seats... might be time to make a custom console to replace the stock one..

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the help thus far. I have checked out the forums and it has given me some things to consider.

Thanks again.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.