Looking for info on old Tulsa F.D. freq.'s before they went trunked!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
So, I just finished listing the Fire/E.M.S. Station locations for Tulsa Co. including the City of Tulsa. Tulsa County (OK) - The RadioReference Wiki When I got to the point of looking up call signs as I usually do my F.C.C. search includes current and former license's. I came across about 20 or so "Cancelled" license's (circa 2002) that were for the "City of Tulsa". There all on the following frequencies: 458.050, 458.250, 458.350 & 458.500 and all have fixed stations at the various City of Tulsa firehouses. I included the call signs next to the station location listing on the link above. I would like confirmation from you old time scanner listeners in the Tulsa area as to if these are inputs to their old frequencies? My theory is that they may have used the 453 MHz side as dispatch/fireground and these fixed stations at the firehouses on the input frequencies are the base stations they used to get into the repeaters. I can't find any info online about it as it appears as though Tulsa (City) F.D. has been using their current trunked system for some time. I also don't happen to have an old Police Call book for the Oklahoma area. If in fact these are related to the old Tulsa F.D. channel plan, I'll keep the call signs listed for historical purposes as there still listed in the F.C.C. database. However, if they are something totally different (other than fire) and just happen to be located at the firehouses than I'll remove them to preserve authenticity.

peterjmag

You are correct. Those were the inputs to the old UHF repeaters "KFO678" Tulsa Fire used before they went 800mhz trunked in 1987. You can delete them for sure as they only preserve the licenses but the radios and repeaters are long gone.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
You are correct. Those were the inputs to the old UHF repeaters "KFO678" Tulsa Fire used before they went 800mhz trunked in 1987. You can delete them for sure as they only preserve the licenses but the radios and repeaters are long gone.
Ok thank you for the good info. Wow the switch was 1987. I would have guessed much later.

Tulsey

Premium Subscriber
453.05 was the old fire main output. Before the UHF system it was 159.51 if my elderly memory is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.