• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for info on Relm BK DPH digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Anyone here have any experience with the Relm BK DPH series Vhf P25 portables? I am curious if you have to have a special cable or will the regular old DB25 style cable work?

Also, is the software version specific like Motorola or will any revision work?

What about keyloading? Will a regular Motorola T3011 work or is there specific product?

What about a keyload cable? How does that work?

tbiggums

I'm pretty sure the old cables for the EPH's will still work with the DPH's. I do remember hearing or reading something about not using the 115200 baud rate setting in the software unless your programming cable has an active RS-232 buffer built in it.

I don't think they're as picky about the programming software as Motorola radios. You can create a codeplug from scratch in DPH Edit.

I think you'll be out of luck on keyloading with the "-DX" KVL. Most non-Motorola P25 radios keyload in "CKR" mode, which means you need a KVL-3000 or KVL-3000+ with that capability.

I think the DPH's keyload cable just requires two wires: data and ground. I don't think there are any pins that need to be shorted to ground to put the radio in keyload mode.

mancow

Database Admin
Thanks for the replies and info.

I am still looking for someone with a service manual that help me out with the identification of a few parts and issues. If you have one and can help please PM me.

mancow

Database Admin
I managed to reverse engineer it far enough to fix the VCO and the damage at the injection point by replacing a couple of open surface mount coils. It now transmits rock solid on frequency and sounds great in analog and P25. It receives too but is horribly deaf.

If I could only find someone that knows what the RF preamp part is. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.