looking for interesting frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky43113

im in pickaway county and have a lot of stuff programmed in my new bcd996p2 all the local stuff plus columbus airport railroads rickenbacker airbase etc.. anyone have any interesting freqs i could try.

Also am I too far away to pick up wright pattersron AFB in dayton?(i am roughly 80miles east of wpafb) i have a jtd1 discone antenna about 20ft in the air

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
im in pickaway county and have a lot of stuff programmed in my new bcd996p2 all the local stuff plus columbus airport railroads rickenbacker airbase etc.. anyone have any interesting freqs i could try.

Also am I too far away to pick up wright pattersron AFB in dayton?(i am roughly 80miles east of wpafb) i have a jtd1 discone antenna about 20ft in the air

You won't receive the WPAFB trunked system from that distance, but you should hear some of the inbound and outbound aircraft.

Program these in for refueling operations: Military Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Also program the Cleveland and Indianapolis ARTCC frequencies local to you.

lucky43113

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Also program in the frequencies used by the 180th Fighter Wing (FW) out of Toledo.
They make regular use of both Brush Creek and Buckeye MOAs for Air Combat Maneuvers (ACM).

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
WPAFB Base Ops

Does WPAFB use the 400mhz trunking system for base operations? I live about 1 mile from the gate (in Fairborn) and my wife is a supervisor at the base hospital and I would like to monitor hospital security while she is at work. A couple of years ago I was told this was not possible as all base ground communications were encrypted. Then this last summer when we were camping and fishing at the lake on base I briefly spoke with a security officer (one of their field offices is right there at the RV campground) who told me he has scanners at his house that he uses on his down time to monitor his post. Before I could nail him down for any hard facts he had to leave on a call. He told me they still used 2 conventional frequencies but only on weekends (?) Does anyone know if this is true or not?? I have been wondering ever since if I am actually able to scan the base.

Any updated info about the base ops would be greatly appreciated -

thanks 73's

lucky43113

Does WPAFB use the 400mhz trunking system for base operations? I live about 1 mile from the gate (in Fairborn) and my wife is a supervisor at the base hospital and I would like to monitor hospital security while she is at work. A couple of years ago I was told this was not possible as all base ground communications were encrypted. Then this last summer when we were camping and fishing at the lake on base I briefly spoke with a security officer (one of their field offices is right there at the RV campground) who told me he has scanners at his house that he uses on his down time to monitor his post. Before I could nail him down for any hard facts he had to leave on a call. He told me they still used 2 conventional frequencies but only on weekends (?) Does anyone know if this is true or not?? I have been wondering ever since if I am actually able to scan the base.

Any updated info about the base ops would be greatly appreciated -

thanks 73's

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Trunking System, Riverside, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Base Security is now using encryption on a random basis.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
What TGs, specifically, are you hearing, N8JJ? I get a TG not listed in RR, 1084, and it is not encrypted, either. A good security channel. Some of the others are on again off again, clear voice, then Donald Duck.

N8JJ

Premium Subscriber
57021. 57022 are security

Make sure you are using system 157, which is the US Air Force system on 400 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.