Looking for interesting non-trunked analog and digital frequencies to monitor in and around Macomb Twp, MI

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've been getting bored with monitoring public safety lately. It's active but very limited in information or details.

So I fired up an ICOM IC-R8600 and started monitoring Selfridge Air National Guard activity again. 2m & 70cm is almost dead around here. There is a 440 DMR repeater but the R8600 doesn't have DMR as one of it's digital modes. FRS/GMRS/MURS are pretty dead also. There are some guys operating a GMRS repeater but I can't seem to be able to find them lately.

Maybe if you are an amateur radio operator in the area you could tip me off with some frequencies and their scheduled nets that are sometimes very interesting to monitor.

I'm too far from the lakes/rivers to monitor marine activity, and railroads seem almost nonexistent these days. Anything else, any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

NOTE: The IC-R8600 decodes various digital protocol signals including P25 (Phase 1), NXDN™, dPMR™, D-STAR, Japanese DCR (Digital Convenience Radio) as well as receives conventional analog signals such as USB, LSB, FSK, CW, AM, S-AM (Synchronous-AM), FM and WFM modes, covering 10kHz to 3GHz wideband in 1Hz steps.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The maritime stuff should come in just fine, from the St Clair River. (No idea how much radio traffic they provide.)

What about the military air traffic, from the MOA over Lake Huron?

freqs

Selfridge is hot at times I remember in the 80's 142.200 AM was alot of Practice Air combat comms from up in the Thumb I could pick up from Chesterfield .Try Civilian Air Freqs as well Marine channels. Tow truck Taxi Cabs CB School Busses can be fun the ISD can get crazy local Business .
I like to just search low band for skip. Sunday I was picking up CHP . But by just searching a set range ive found some active freqs .