Looking for legacy DB file(s) for GRECOM PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

Does anyone have a copy of the database files? The updated database file from Whistler will not work with the GRECOM Ez Scan software. My scanner will currently receive EMS on Bell FleetNet, but will not decode OPP. I think it has to do with the updated database files.

A zipped copy would be appreciated!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Your best option is the upgrade from Whistler which includes installing the new Ez Scan. I have a PSR-800 and RS equivalent, and both radios have noticeably better performance after the upgrade.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
My GRE PSR-800 works well with FleetNet and OPP I don't think its the database. When did you start to see this?
Do you have a saved programmed systems already? Are you updating the database and saved systems to the radio?

One of my radios may have an old database file. Not sure how old, I probably have a 800 from GRE days that hasn't been updated.

stircrazy

My GRE PSR-800 works well with FleetNet and OPP I dont think its the database. When did you start to see this?
Do you have a saved programmed systems already? Are you updating the database and saved systems to the radio?

One of my radios may have an old database file. Not sure how old, I probably have a 800 from GRE days that hasnt been updated.

This started after I got the IO Handler error and searched the forums on how to fix it. I followed the Whistler instructions to update the database. Copied the files over and then P25 stopped working. I tried to install a new copy of Ez Scan on my laptop and starting over.

Didn't work. Doesn't come with a database.

stircrazy

I don't know what I did. I followed Whistlers advice to update the library and it stopped decoding digital signals. I paid for the update.

Just going to send it in. I've spent so much time trying to fix it. I didn't want to have to do the update but this has basically forced it. lol

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Once upgraded you will be using the WHISTLER EzScan not the GRE. It basically makes it a Whistler 1080 scanner.

stircrazy

Once upgraded you will be using the WHISTLER EzScan not the GRE. It basically makes it a Whistler 1080 scanner.

Hey Kris, long time! I'm just waiting on the box now. Ordered the upgrade on Friday morning. Not much fun driving all the highways and not knowing whats going on. It's crazy how much you miss. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.