Looking for listeners in the PA, NJ DE

Status
Not open for further replies.

woebbers

Looking for listeners in the Tri-state area with like interests in SW listening but it could be other listening interests as well to share reports and to talk equipment. If anyone is interested please drop me a message and we will try to get something going in the form of a yahoo newsgroup or some other method to share.

Sal
Valley Forge Pa

woebbers

sure you are....it just became a quad state area!. Actually what I was looking and hoping for was a group of people living in a fairly close proximity that can share their catches with one another. Maybe even get together for lunch sometime.

Sal

Who didn't realize there where so many try-state areas!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah, to a New Yorker (I'm from the NJ area originally) that means NY, NJ and Connecticut...

Anyway there are many such groups already in existence, although most of them really don't talk equipment stuff. Radios like the R8B have their own group(s) already (although this one is fairly quiet) - but if you're looking for SWBC tips, there's no better place to be than places like the DXLD Yahoo group run by Glenn Hauser and the NASWA group (a yahoo group for NASWA members only). For utility tips, the UDXF is one of the best places around.

We have a few others in our wiki (at the bottom)...

SWL Broadcast - The RadioReference Wiki

and I'm sure there are others that aren't listed. These all tend to be worldwide in scope, but who knows you might start something. There are 1 or 2 local groups within NASWA.....best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.