Looking for Monongahela National Forest frequencies please

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, I have been trying to find frequencies for the Monongahela National Forest near Elkins. If anyone knows of any, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much. I have family in Elkins and have tried searching for frequencies when in the area and never hear anything. I have mainly checked 163-174 and 408-421 MHZ.

Richard in Edenton NC

richardbritt

Database Admin
All, I read all the posts on the WV Forum this weekend and found a few older posts that I think answer my question about Monongahela National Forest. I'll check it out on my next trip to Elkins and let everyone know what I find out.

73 Richard

ecps92

in the UHF, if looking for any possible UHF Links, use the entire 400-420, as that is the Federal Government UHF

Hi, I have been trying to find frequencies for the Monongahela National Forest near Elkins. If anyone knows of any, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much. I have family in Elkins and have tried searching for frequencies when in the area and never hear anything. I have mainly checked 163-174 and 408-421 MHZ.

Richard in Edenton NC

MOTOROLANUT

Unfortunately most USFS leos use cells phones for private communication between units if within range. BUT they are also deputized by Randolph County in WV. With that being said monitor the conventional Randolph County Sheriff's department dispatch freqs and SIRN talkgroups if applicable.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Thank you for the advice. I'll do that on my next trip there for high school graduation in May. And yes I always look for LEO action. I have been a LEO, FF, and Hazmat Responder thru the years (not all at the same time, over a 30 year period).

Regards

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.