looking for more frequencies in Northampton County and other Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

I am looking for as many private and local EMS Frequencies for Northampton County and Lehigh County also Warren County,NJ other counties I can hear from my house. I own a Uniden BCD996XT scanner. I have put all these frequencies in the list from RR.com Northampton County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference but I just need more I am trying to make a channel with all EMS I have the dispatch and other channels listed just trying to find just other EMS freqs to add. I have put in my scanner Medevac frequencies I hope someone can give me some help with this stuff. I also wanted to know if some one can give me a list of FirePolice for all those counties too I have put the ones listed but I wanted to know if there is more?

Thanks
James

PS. I have done scanning around and still no luck :( :(

captclint

Mentor
While it might sound exciting to have all these frequencies, you should realize that it will mean you will miss quite a bit of local traffic. The theoretical scan rate is 100 channels/sec, but that assumes they are all sorted from lowest to highest frequency(or visa versa). In reality it is more like 50-75 channels/sec. Scanning trunking systems will make this even slower. So if you load up your scanner with every possible frequency, it may take several seconds to get through it all. A lot can happen in 5-10 seconds that you will either miss, or miss the reply from the mobile or base. In other words, it is not a good idea to have one big system for EMS that is both local and non-local as you mentioned.

A better way is to have separate systems for all your local very important Fire, Police, and EMS (or any other arrangement for your local city and surrounding area, including the county). Then have separate systems with groups for other counties or things of lower importance. Assign each system and group with quick keys, so that if you happen to catch something interesting on the local level, you can immediately turn off the other stuff. However, if you plan on scanning several hundred channels all the time, you are either going to miss local traffic, or something on the other groups. You could use priority on some key things, but that creates that choppy sound every 2 sec, which I find very annoying.

Since you don't know what you are going to hear from these non-local systems, you could decide to concentrate on 1 or 2 to them at a time and then lock out things you don't hear after a week or two of listening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.