Looking For New SDS200...Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I am wanting to buy another SDS200 as a gift, and I have checked everywhere I know to check and nobody has them in stock right now. Anybody know about an online outlet that has any in stock? Sure would appreciate it. Scanner Master said they are expecting some next week and I am on the email notification list (supposed to of had them tomorrow but that somehow got nixed) I would like to get one in time for someone's birthday if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Hard to tell how long some places sell the sds200 be out for sale again. I just checked hamradio.com it is out of stock and delivery is delayed.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Thanks, bravo14. I expected Gigaparts to have one and was somewhat surprised they didn't. They are not really known for selling scanners and they sometimes have them on hand when no one else does.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I checked Bearcat Warehouse this morning and their website read out of stock and taking backorders...now when I just checked it reads IN STOCK...but no one answering phone (tho it reads they are open until 9pm EST) ugh

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
Sorry you are not finding one. I checked the websites of about 10 different Vendors I have used over the years and nobody has them in stock. Ham Radio Outlet, Main Trading Company, Walcott CB, Uniden, Bearcat Warehouse, Walmart, Best Buy, DX Engineering, etc........

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Thanks, guys, I've about exhausted my efforts for today, I sure appreciate you helping me out here. I will hit the bricks again tomorrow. I doubt that BCW has any, just that they are taking back orders. If I can scare one up by Wed I might be ok on the birthday deadline. See what happens.

trp2525

The BearcatScanner.com website currently shows the SDS200 as being "In stock" (as of 23:30 EDT on 03-19-2021) BUT their price is $802.98 (price includes FREE flat rate shipping, 30 days return period and "No sales tax no matter where you are ordering from"). If anyone really needs/wants an SDS200 right away and doesn't mind spending the extra $100+ dollars over the "usual" $699.99 selling price, here is the link to order one: SDS200 - Uniden Base Digital Trunking Police Scanner

Per the FAQs on their website: "We are an authorized Uniden reseller and have been in business since 1977. We are located in the Mid-Willamette Valley of Oregon." Their FAQs can be found here: Frequently Asked Questions

They also state on their website that they offer Same Day Shipping: "We stock all our items in our own warehouse. If an item is listed as "in stock" on our site, it is in our warehouse waiting to be shipped. We ship all orders the same day when possible, or the very next business day."

FYI I have not personally done business with this seller in the past.

MStep

Personally, I think it's unethical to state they have something in stock when they don't, just to steal the sale at the cost of the customer's time and patience. Not cool. :(

Time and patience for sure. And MONEY !!! For companies that charge at order submission rather then at order shipping---- those companies essentially get an interest-free loan with your money for 1, 2, 3 weeks, or as doctordialtone so eloquently put it, until " When - Ever."

There outta be a law! And there soon might be. I understand that disgruntled customers are getting fed up with these kinds of nasty tactics. NY State Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand have shown an interest, and although not everyone here may agree with their politics, if they can some give the FTC a quick kick, or even get some legislation passed in New York State, it would be a win for consumers.

Charging 5% ahead might be fair to be put on a waiting list. Paying full price for something you may not get for a month is not.

It's not just scanners, or BCWH, but all businesses that may be abusing their customers by taking the full payment ahead and blaming COVID and "shipping problems" and they like.

For those who don't have a problem with the practice, God Bless Ya! For the rest, help may be on the way.

P.S. For those who were told that the supplies of the SDS100 and SDS200's would start rolling in during the week of March 14, it appears for now that may have just been a coax to garner more pre-paid orders.

Last edited:

MStep

The BearcatScanner.com website currently shows the SDS200 as being "In stock" (as of 23:30 EDT on 03-19-2021) BUT their price is $802.98 (price includes FREE flat rate shipping, 30 days return period and "No sales tax no matter where you are ordering from"). If anyone really needs/wants an SDS200 right away and doesn't mind spending the extra $100+ dollars over the "usual" $699.99 selling price, here is the link to order one: SDS200 - Uniden Base Digital Trunking Police Scanner

Per the FAQs on their website: "We are an authorized Uniden reseller and have been in business since 1977. We are located in the Mid-Willamette Valley of Oregon." Their FAQs can be found here: Frequently Asked Questions

They also state on their website that they offer Same Day Shipping: "We stock all our items in our own warehouse. If an item is listed as "in stock" on our site, it is in our warehouse waiting to be shipped. We ship all orders the same day when possible, or the very next business day."

FYI I have not personally done business with this seller in the past.

Exact same price as being advertised by "another" dealer via Amazon (to the penny) as of 3-20-2021 EDT, although the Amazon dealer also wants 16.00 USD shipping. This is just the law of "supply & demand" at work, American style. (And I love America).

So right now, it appears there may be options for those willing to spring for the extra 100+. When they say "pick your poison", there's not much choice right now! I love my SDS200 and I think I paid the right price at 699.00. If ya got the extra bucks, go for it. If you've already got 5 or 10 scanners going full blast, you only got two ears. Wait.

Last edited:

MStep

I checked Bearcat Warehouse this morning and their website read out of stock and taking backorders...now when I just checked it reads IN STOCK...but no one answering phone (tho it reads they are open until 9pm EST) ugh

According to their dun & bradstreet page, "Bearcat Warehouse Corporation has 5 total employees across all of its locations............".

So you may have to be especially patient contacting them.

And although their site says "IN STOCK" as of 3/20/2021 A.M. EDT, that means nothing, since they also clearly state "WE WILL RUN OUT AGAIN WE ARE SHIPPING BACK ORDERS FIRST."

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have only bought from them once before, as I am pretty much a loyal Scanner Master repeat customer and they happened to be out of stock so I went to BCW. Years ago, but I cannot remember a problem at the time. I think I bought my BCT15X from them, if I'm not mistaken. I will not buy from them again. They are now on my chitlist right next to Zip Scanners and China lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.