Alinco: Looking for PC command list instruction for ALINCO MD5

Status
Not open for further replies.

F5HPE

Hi Guys,
I would like to make my own programing software for Alinco MD5 ( that as similar formal programming software for ANYTONE 878).
I'm looking for PC command list instruction for ALINCO MD5.
Does any one could share with me such info?
Many thanks
Fred

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
Why spend the time reinventing the wheel? The Alinco software is adequate for the job. I suspect it would be a pretty daunting task, given the complexities of the radio (and it's Alinco sisters). There's probably a reason RT Systems hasn't produced a version yet.

F5HPE

Why spend the time reinventing the wheel? The Alinco software is adequate for the job. I suspect it would be a pretty daunting task, given the complexities of the radio (and it's Alinco sisters). There's probably a reason RT Systems hasn't produced a version yet.
Hi Guy,
It is not reinventing the wheel ! I work for an NGO and they have qties of MD5. Each time they need to reprogram the MD5, the guy who is in charge to reprogram the radio is not the same guy I trained for.
So better for me to make a K.I.S.S. software limited instead of spreading my energy to explain again and agin.
Also frequently there is a guy "a guy who knows better than the others with his ten inches and his two left hands" who plays with the programming.
This why I'm looking for those instructions.
Do you understand my problem?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Do you understand my problem?
I gather that you want to build a simple program "loader" that will dump a file into the radio and program all of the channels. I assume that a general-purpose radio programmer, like those sold by RT Systems, does not meet your needs because there would be an opportunity for someone to "play with the programming".

One brute-force approach would be to use a "port sniffer" to see what RT Systems or another general-purpose programmer sends to the radio.

But, maybe the real answer is that the Alinco MD5 is the wrong tool for the job. If your organization is deploying the radios in a situation where un-supervised people might play with the radio programming and that programming can't be locked or password protected, then maybe the MD5 is the wrong radio for your application.

F5HPE

Hi AK9R,
Thanks for your comments.
A program loader is not the taget as you mention.
Also sniffing the port will take too much time an energy...

Also MD5 has VHF and UHF capability that match with end user need. Also MD5 can be programmed as a "commerial" display, means Channel tags on display instead of frequency. Also it can be used with 5 tons, or DMR and also GPS reporting (like some BFT) and Encryption. That's why....

Many thanks for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.