• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for programing software for Weicom 3288S

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
It also goes by the name VEV-3288S. This is what it looks like although I have a different model in the frequency band. 1x WEIERWEI VEV 3288S 136 174Mhz VHF Radio VEV3288SV | eBay

Their website has the software, but it's in Chinese and I seen a YouTube video recommend the Puxing 6in1 software. When I try to read from the radio it seems to connect and it won't read. I'm using a PL2303 USB adapter. Looks like this: USB Programming Cable for WEIERWEI VEV 3288S 6288 3288 VEV 5288 5299 VEV 6299 | eBay

Not sure if it's the software, computer or adapter. I used this adapter successfully before on this laptop with a Kenwoood TK373G.

KC9HI

Premium Subscriber
It also goes by the name VEV-3288S. This is what it looks like although I have a different model in the frequency band. 1x WEIERWEI VEV 3288S 136 174Mhz VHF Radio VEV3288SV | eBay

Their website has the software, but it's in Chinese and I seen a YouTube video recommend the Puxing 6in1 software. When I try to read from the radio it seems to connect and it won't read. I'm using a PL2303 USB adapter. Looks like this: USB Programming Cable for WEIERWEI VEV 3288S 6288 3288 VEV 5288 5299 VEV 6299 | eBay

Not sure if it's the software, computer or adapter. I used this adapter successfully before on this laptop with a Kenwoood TK373G.

I would double check the driver that the programming cable is using. Most low cost programming cables are made with an unauthorized (aka conterfeit) copy of the Prolific USB-to-Serial chip. The driver that is automatically installed by Windows Vista, 7 & 8 is the very latest driver from Prolific. This driver has been purposely been made to detect and then fail with these unauthorized chips. The only way to make these programming cables work is to downgrade to a driver that doesn't have this detection.

V2.0.2.1: Windows XP
V3.2.0.0: Windows Vista, 7, 8

Here is a source for the driver and a guide for installing it.
Prolific Windows Cable Drivers

Jim KC9HI

cabletech

Man, I hate sub amateur people trying to play professional with radio equipment.

No wonder radio systems are so badly messed up.

"poltergeist" Not sure if it's the software, computer or adapter. I used this adapter successfully before on this laptop with a Kenwood TK373G.

What 'adapter' are you referring too? The cable you linked to? If that is what you used on the Kenwood, then it WILL not work on the Weicom 3288S.

Two different radios with different wiring setups.

Your software is in Chinese because it was made for the Chinese.

Remember, buy cheap, get cheap.

You have to use the correct cables and software for the device you are trying to work with.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.