Looking for programming help with 996P2 DMR enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Looking at this system, Rogers County Sheriff:

I have it programmed as DMR but am not getting anything. It used to be a conventional system and they were linking to the conv. at first and then stopped.
Now on the Conv. side all I hear is the Data noise. This is programmed using ARC XT.
I have a TRX-2 (base) which receives it as DMR but cannot get the 996P2 to.

Thanks for any suggestions.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
RR says it’s DMR. When were those changes you noticed happening? Has the system gone encrypted? Sometimes changes have been made that don't get reported to RR in a timely fashion, meaning the new settings may not be reflected in the RR database. (Not sure abt the 996P2 but the BCDX36HP’s and the SDS100, SDS200 can identify most encryption and then ignore it... the scanner continues on its merry scanning way. Did you download the agency from RR and then write to the 996P2? Or did you manually program it?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Downloaded it from RR, but it tried to program as conv. As stated TRX-2 has no problem with The system so no not encrypted.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Downloaded it from RR, but it tried to program as conv. As stated TRX-2 has no problem with The system so no not encrypted.
For the two dispatch frequencies for Rogers S.O., I would suggest programming as One Frequency Trunked (O.F.T.) instead of conventional. That's the only way, for Uniden Scanners, to be able to program a color code, specify a slot, as well as a specific talkgroup.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
For the two dispatch frequencies for Rogers S.O., I would suggest programming as One Frequency Trunked (O.F.T.) instead of conventional. That's the only way, for Uniden Scanners, to be able to program a color code, specify a slot, as well as a specific talkgroup.
Thanks for that suggestion, It worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.