Looking for some input

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
So I'm torn on what to do so I'm looking for some thoughts from others on the subject of donations for feeds.

I have always thought that I would not accept donations because I am not providing my feed for profit. Well now one of the police departments on my feed has went digital and several others will follow suit in the near future. I do not have the money to buy a digital scanner and I am thinking of taking donations so I can continue to provide my feed as is now.

I'm just looking to other members thoughts on the subject of donations.

This is the feed that I host if anybody was wondering. Wood County Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

frazpo

I don't think its a problem at all. If people want to listen to the feed then it's a possibility that they will donate. I have some very dedicated listeners that rely on my feed to get weather info or to see if little Johnny is getting arrested on the local warrants.:) Sending you 10-15 bucks is still cheaper than buying a digital scanner. Plus, they are still getting the option of listening on phone apps and such. This has been mentioned before on the forum. There is usually a mixed bag of comments about it.

truckie36

Feed Provider
I hope you have better luck than I have. I've had a donate button up since August of 2010 for the same reason. To date, I have only received one donation of $20.00 from a nice lady in London England who came across the site one night and felt sorry for me that no one had donated yet.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I would shut my feeds down before I accepted a donation. Once someone donates, then they want to tell you what channels to scan, lock out, and how the feed should be run.

Tim

frazpo

That makes no sense. People donate to organizations all the time and don't try to dictate the way things are operated. I don't ask for donations but if I did I wouldn't acknowledge everyone's requests on how to operate the feed. I have to do that anyway, without taking donations.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.