Looking for someone that would be able to update my SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoolcop

I am looking for someone in the Southeastern Connecticut area that could update the programing in my SDS200. Does J&S in Willimantic still do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Gary

I am looking for someone in the Southeastern Connecticut area that could update the programing
The programming is already built in to the scanner.

You just enter your Zip Code and pick which Service Types you want to hear.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber

iggywfd

Send it up to scanner master in MA, they will program it for your needs. I have ordered through them several times and have had them do the initial programming and then modified it later on as things change. BTW, I have been a hobbyist since the 70's and very comfortable with programming but due to time constraints have them do it first when I buy a new scanner and then when comfortable with the scanner I make my changes if needed. You won't regret using their services.
John

timhir25

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't it be easier to order a pre-programmed SD card from Scanner Master instead of sending in the whole SDS 200?
Then you would have the original plus a spare.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the folks who offer programming do anything other than copying the Radioreference database and programming that. I doubt you get any local stuff that is not in the database.
If the OP is looking at simply updating the Uniden download of the RR database, that is very straightforward and could be done with a minimal learning curve.
If he is looking for someone to create a detailed programming of a list of departments and agencies, that could be hours of work.
It is easy to invest hundreds of hours in creating a quality database covering State, county, local, federal, aviation, and business channels in a busy area. Searching various bands looking for unknowns and confirming outdated info all takes time.

chris

iggywfd

CG,
I guess you didn't consider that there are some people that have issues or lack of knowledge programming some of these newer scanners and could use a little assistance from companies that do offer programming services. My experience with using those services has been outstanding they do tailor the scanners as best they can to your local area and then branch out from there. I have also seen that they don't just use the RR database but other local databases like Scan New England which is sometimes a little more up to date for our area.

cg

Premium Subscriber
My point was not to demean those who need help programming but to simply point out that they may get nothing more than a database that is already in the scanner. It might be an interesting $50 to spend and look through what is provided for "custom programming".

chris

David628

Premium Subscriber
@Schoolcop
Hi Gary,
1) With the SDS200 powered on and using the SDS200 number keypad press the "Zip/Services" key directly below the keypad "E" key.
2) Select country "USA". **Note: It defaults to USA so just press the "E" key to select USA and continue with the next step.
3) Using the SDS200 keypad enter your 5 digit numeric home zip code using the number keypad on the front of your SDS200.
4) You will see a message "Confirm? Full database (indicated that is either) "On" of "Off" and the message "Turn on full database?" select "E" again.
That will load the full database for your area and target your area in the scan within a 50 mile radius.

Next
1) On the right side of the SDS200 unit you will see at knob labeled "Squelch/Menu". Press that knob inwards and it will enter into the menu.
2) On the left side of the SDS200 face you will now use the silver dial labeled "push/func" to scroll (turn it) right to "Select Service Types"
3) Here you will see all the "service" types (Police. Fire, Aircraft, Business etc.) that you can listen to. Use the silver dial marked "push/func"to scroll down until you see a service type marked "Off" that you want to listen to. Once you get to a service group you want to hear press the "E" keypad key. That sets it to "on". Meaning that you activated it and your scanner will now search for voice calls in that service group. Keep using the silver knob to scroll down until you have selected all service types you want to hear and confirm you see that they are set to "on".
3) Once you have all the service groups set to "on" that you want to listen to press the "squelch/menu" key inwards two times and your SDS200 will now scan the service groups you selected.

That should get you started!

Good luck and happy scanning!

Cheers!

Schoolcop

Did you get your scanner programed yet .
No not yet. I just need to get the frequency update so I can and the new talk groups for Groton City PD and the Groton Town and Stonington talk groups that just got added on. I have the systems already in I just need the update for the new talk groups that weren't in the data bace that was in the scanner already.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Update the database with Sentinel. The version that comes in the scanner is not current.

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
No not yet. I just need to get the frequency update so I can and the new talk groups for Groton City PD and the Groton Town and Stonington talk groups that just got added on. I have the systems already in I just need the update for the new talk groups that weren't in the data bace that was in the scanner already.
I have the uniden 536hp that has the same sds card and i have all the area fire police set up on mine i live in groton.

Status
Not open for further replies.