• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for someone to program 500m...

Status
Not open for further replies.

acepilot340

This is the system I am interested in getting programed on my 500m. Will County Public Safety Trunking System, Simulcast, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies

AFS Alpha Tag

04-021 East Patrol

04-022 West Patrol

04-023 East C2C

04-024 West C2C

04-097 LWPD

05-041 East Com

04-081 Rockdale C2C

05-042 Beecher C2C

05-043 Monee C2C

05-044 Peotone C2C

04-082 Manhattan C2C

04-083 Elwood C2C

04-121 FrstPrsv PD Ch1

04-122 FrstPrsv PD Ch2

11-031 NL ESDA
Thats all the talkgroups I'm interested in monitoring.

As far as what I would like on the radio.....
-RX ONLY
-Disabled Emergency button (unless it doesn't cause an issue with the radio)
-A 2 second hold time

Also I do not have the proper power connector for the radio, I cut it off and used a model train transformer to power it up and I plan on wiring it up to my truck later so I didn't feel the need to keep the 3 prong connector on it.

As far as the antenna connection, I have a NMO coax, but do not know what kind of connector the back of this radio uses, does anyone know what the proper antenna connector for the back of the radio?

I do need to know how to hold on a certain talkgroup, like with a scanner you can hold the scan and stay on the one talkgroup you want. Is that possible with this radio?

As far as what you charge, let me know and I'll get back to you, just so you know I will cover all shipping charges...

Thanks,
Marc

Thayne

Just a few tips;
The radio cannot use AFS for talkgroups, has to be DEC
The antenna conector is a TNC
The scan button toggles, so you can make it stay on any group programmed
Emergency button won't work if it is not programmed to transmit.
Just be sure the power polarity is right or you could let the smoke out

acepilot340

Just a few tips;
The radio cannot use AFS for talkgroups, has to be DEC
The antenna conector is a TNC
The scan button toggles, so you can make it stay on any group programmed
Emergency button won't work if it is not programmed to transmit.
Just be sure the power polarity is right or you could let the smoke out

Thank You for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.