Looking for someone to setup my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchurch

Hi All, I'm new to scanning, and would like to get my new 396t scanner programmed. I have the demo version of the arc 396 software, I will pay someone for thier help, via either paypal or email money transfer.

It would also be beneficial for this person to be a subscriber here to RR, to be able to download the freqs right into arc396.

Is anyone interested in helping me out with this? please email me here or at dchurch@tnt21.com.

I have alist of frequencys and the setup I would like to have.

Thanks.

dchurch

ultimately, if someone can set the radio up in arc 396, and then send me the file, I can upload itr to the scanner.... I think I can do that.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
There are files available on Scanont. Just pick the ones you need.

You might need to change the site but it's extremely easy.

You can also followed the sticked thread in the Eastern Canada forum on programming your scanner for Fleetnet. It's a complete step by step instruction list.

RISC777

Moderators:
Something along the lines of the stuff for sell, stuff I want to buy...maybe a dedicated "program my scanner for me" forum ?
(Just a stray, errant thought.)

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
If you really want someone to program your scanner for you, and are willing to pay for it, just bring it to a local radio shop that sells scanners. Most places that sell scanners will also program them. You really should be able to do it yourself though. Although it isnt as good as software you have to pay for, you can get Uniden's software free from their website. If you have all your local information, just enter it into the program and load it into the scanner. You also may be able to find a data file for your area that is compatible with Uniden's software. It is actually pretty easy, after I did it for the first time, I couldnt believe that radio shops actually charge people to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.