Looking for stable 536HP firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone know where I can get an old 536HP firmware release ?

The problem I am having is the scanner will stop receiving on an Edacs system and also stop recording whenever it feels like it.

I only use the scanner to sit on one talkgroup .. but having issues having it do that.
I am currently using 1.11.20

Currently .. it is working but I do not expect it to last long.

Thanks
Kevin

SCPD

QRT
It stopped working overnight as expected. I have a feeling it may be rebooting and I just am not noticing it.

Thank you .. I will give it a try today and see how it works. It is working right now just fine.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I have gone back to a firmware from I think Oct 2015. It appears to be working fine so far.

I am going to leave it just as it is. It is scanning 6 Edacs talk groups on a 16 GB card .. and recording as well. I am interested if it will stop again.

The jury is out on this one.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you determine that it is rebooting at random, the SD card is the likely culprit.

SCPD

QRT
If you determine that it is rebooting at random, the SD card is the likely culprit.

Everyone always tries to blame the SD card, but since the downgrade of the firmware, the scanner is working as it should. I personally do not buy the SD card blame game on this forum.

I personally believe it is a firmware bug that is at play here. I have never seen my 536HP reboot for the record.

troymail

Silent Key
Everyone always tries to blame the SD card, but since the downgrade of the firmware, the scanner is working as it should. I personally do not buy the SD card blame game on this forum.

I personally believe it is a firmware bug that is at play here. I have never seen my 536HP reboot for the record.

It is definitely poor SD card handling in the firmware - but I've seen it in every version of the firmware since day one on both the 436 and 536.

I thought they possibly fixed it in one of the latest beta versions but I found over the weekend the radio is still rebooting after there are about 30,000 recordings (or ~2Gb) on the card.

SCPD

QRT
As of yet it has not rebooted .. and I will just let it run. It is still recording fine. I am using firmware 1.09.02.

With the newer firmware (1.11.20) it actually stopped receiving. The programming and SD card has not changed.

But now .. it is working fine. I will keep monitoring it to see if it does reboot (which I will be able to tell if I see it stops recording). For those of us that do a lot of recording .. this is a big issue as the Unidens are not Whistlers.

SCPD

QRT
At 1.49 GB currently .. looks like it will be some time yet until the issues appear.

Right now .. no issues. It is working and recording is fine so far.

phask

Premium Subscriber
As of yet it has not rebooted .. and I will just let it run. It is still recording fine. I am using firmware 1.09.02.

With the newer firmware (1.11.20) it actually stopped receiving. The programming and SD card has not changed.

But now .. it is working fine. I will keep monitoring it to see if it does reboot (which I will be able to tell if I see it stops recording). For those of us that do a lot of recording .. this is a big issue as the Unidens are not Whistlers.

Seems as though there was an issue with number of files, not size.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Size in "file count" vs. size in "bytes used" - doesn't matter. It's still a bug.

We all seem spend an awful lot of time trying to identifying and "solve" Uniden's problems only to have them ignore us.

I think it has to do with the file restrictions of FAT 32).Max number of files in a directory is 65,534.

Need someone who has crashed to see, but I believe that's been explained by UPman as well.

Use Proscan - no limit and it will catagorise as well. :)

Reality is if it's FAT 32 issue it will never be fixed.

troymail

Silent Key
I think it has to do with the file restrictions of FAT 32).Max number of files in a directory is 65,534.

Need someone who has crashed to see, but I believe that's been explained by UPman as well.

Use Proscan - no limit and it will catagorise as well. :)

Reality is if it's FAT 32 issue it will never be fixed.

I believe GRE/Whistler uses FAT32 also and doesn't have this problem. I'm pretty sure I found documentation on FAT32 that squashed that a few months ago (it's posted here in the forums somewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.