Looking For Sun City Sheriff, Fire and EMT Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3PS

Can a scanner enthusiast based in Sun City, AZ weigh in with suggested frequencies (channels, talk groups, etc) for monitoring goings on in town? I’ve gone through Radio Reference and loaded up my SDS200 with what I think is applicable, but I never seem to pick up traffic when I hear sirens (fire / emt) and am not sure I am picking up all sheriff communications occurring in town. I am hearing the Posse. Thanks

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Sun City FD is dispatched through RWC. Here is their RR page: Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) Trunking System, Phoenix, Arizona

Scroll down to "Phoenix Regional Fire Dispatch" and you'll find your frequencies for "K Deck" and "L Deck". The "K Deck" frequencies host accidents, EMS incidents, rescues, etc. in which fires or hazardous conditions exist. There is a VHF band "A Deck" which hosts HAZMAT calls, structure fires, house fires, chemical leaks, etc. in which life threatening conditions exist.

Here are the VHF channels:

154.19000KOA519BM173.8 PLPhx FD A1Fire - A1/DispatchFMNFire Dispatch
154.25000KOA519BM173.8 PLPhx FD A2Fire - A2/East PhoenixFMNFire-Tac
154.07000KOA519BM516 DPLPhx FD A3Fire - A3/West PhoenixFMNFire-Tac
154.28000KOA519BMCSQPhx FD A4Fire - A4/Mutual AidFMNFire-Talk
153.83000KOA519BM546 DPLPhx FD A5Fire - A5/Northeast PhoenixFMNFire-Tac
154.31000KOA519BM565 DPLPhx FD A6Fire - A6/Northwest PhoenixFMNFire-Tac
154.14500KOA519BM606 DPLPhx FD A7Fire - A7/TempeFMNFire-Tac
153.77000KOA519BM612 DPLPhx FD A8Fire - A8/South PhoenixFMNFire-Tac
155.67000KOA519BM624 DPLPhx FD A9Fire - A9/West PhoenixFMNFire-Tac
151.37000KOA519BM173.8 PLPhx FD A10Fire - A10/Far North PhoenixFMNFire-Tac
154.02500KOA519BM173.8 PLPhx FD A11Fire - A11/ScottsdaleFMNFire-Tac
154.13000KOA519BM662 DPLPhx FD A12Fire - A12/SoutheastFMNFire-Tac
154.43000KOA519BM654 DPLPhx FD A13Fire - A13/SouthwestFMNFire-Tac
155.77500KOA519M632 DPLPhx FD A14Fire - A14/HazmatFMNFire-Tac
155.71500KOA519M664 DPLPhx FD A15Fire - A15/Event

There are smaller tribal FDs and other agencies out there and some are located in the Maricopa County [Non P-25] section of the database.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Another resource [albeit incomplete thanks to "privacy" policies] is the "Big Board". It is an edited version of the Phoenix FD alarm room callboard for the public.

It does not contain shootings, acts of violence, EMS calls [drownings can and do get posted], etc. It shows accidents, mountain rescues, house fires, structure fires, aircraft down [but not at airports], and similar types of calls. Most of the designators are simple to decode - E is Engine, LT is Ladder Tender, R is Rescue [a Paramedic staffed ambulance], U is Utility truck, DC is Division/Deputy Chief, BC is Battalion Chief, W is Water tanker, etc.

Since you live in Sun City, there are EMS calls every morning to residences from about 0400 to around 0800 hours. The FD responds Code 3 and finds that some poor soul didn't wake up that morning and never will again. Local LE, FD, and EMS have referred to it as "Heaven's siren call".

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I’ve gone through Radio Reference and loaded up my SDS200 with what I think is applicable, but I never seem to pick up traffic when I hear sirens (fire / emt) and am not sure I am picking up all sheriff communications occurring in town. I am hearing the Posse. Thanks

Have you tried using the full database for comparison?

KB7MIB

The Maricopa County Sheriffs Office which provides law enforcement services to Sun City is on the Maricopa County trunked system. You'll want the White Tanks site. It won't hurt to also include the Phoenix Simulcast, and maybe even the Thompson Peak site, particularly if you also want to hear deputies at Lake Pleasant on the Lakes talkgroups.

Sun City is part of District 3, the Northwest Valley. (Roughly west of I-17 and north of Northern Ave.) You'll mainly want the District 3 talkgroup, although most of the time, District 2 and District 3 are multi-selected, and you'll hear the same transmissions on either talkgroup. (District 2 is the Southwest Valley, roughly west of I-17 and south of Northern Ave.)

341, 342, and 343 are the primary deputy callsigns that patrol Sun City. The alpha prefix denotes the shift and whether a single or two deputy unit.

You'll also want to listen to 158.910 car-to-car, 159.090 "Search 8", and 159.390 Lake Pleasant car-to-car.

John
Peoria

N3PS

Is something going on with the Sun City Posse freq . . . have not heard them for weeks . . . even tried a refresh of and reload from Sentinel for my SDS200 . . everything appears to be what is on RR (and yes I have the DMR upgrade)?

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Give them a call... Lots of retirees leave in the summer and volunteers become scarce.

KB7MIB

Is something going on with the Sun City Posse freq . . . have not heard them for weeks . . . even tried a refresh of and reload from Sentinel for my SDS200 . . everything appears to be what is on RR (and yes I have the DMR upgrade)?

I heard them this morning. Something about one or more railroad spikes sticking up at the 111th Ave crossing. They are still active.

John
Peoria

N3PS

I heard them this morning. Something about one or more railroad spikes sticking up at the 111th Ave crossing. They are still active.

John
Peoria

Yes, after a few week hiatus, they have finally reappeared . . . Much more activity now in the evening (as expected as they had announced a month or so ago there was going to be higher Posse presence to address the "issues" down in phase 1)

N3PS

John
Peoria
Heh John, is it just me or does the Sun City Posse have an issue with over modulation? There‘s a few officers that come through borderline distorted. Maybe holding the mic too close to their mouth . . .

KB7MIB

Heh John, is it just me or does the Sun City Posse have an issue with over modulation? There‘s a few officers that come through borderline distorted. Maybe holding the mic too close to their mouth . . .

And the dispatcher is in a large, nearly empty room, so their audio echoes. I think they use the same hand mic as the mobile units, instead of a headset like they need to be using. They've always been like that. It's annoying.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.