Looking for tips in northern NH/MWV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWVDXer

Greetings from the Mount Washington Valley!

I am looking for users in or around the MWV who are willing to help out a newbie by sharing tips on active frequencies, best times to monitor, improving reception, etc. At this time, I have no particular monitoring preference. Anything goes!

I have been an active SW DXer since 2000 and have expanded my HF horizons by purchasing an AOR8600 MKIIB, unblocked, via eBay. The last week has been spent familiarizing myself with this receiver, frequency allocations and where to tune. Using only my SW Beverages and dipoles, I am hearing 155.910 NH State Police Dispatch-North; 162.500 NOAA via Mt. Washington; 156.150 Maine State Police Dispatch-Zone 1 and a lot of rag-chewing on 2M. I plan on purchasing a proper antenna system and APCO25 decoder in the near future.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Whats cooking!

I don't know too much about the Mount Wash valley freqs. I'm just west of there (Littleton Area) and there communications can't make it through the Crawford Notch. Maybe this will help you, it's a link to a really good site with alot of info. http://www.geocities.com/jmarcel66/nhcomm.html

For Mt. Washington valley click the Ossipee Valley Mut. Aid link. NH state Police Troop E covers that area. 151.3250 (digital)

Let me know if you need anything else...I'll see if I can snoop around enough online and find something.

- Asmitty

n1qgs

Too bad I didn't read your post earlier

I'm up here in (North) Conway, soon to head back south. Maybe on my next trip to Conway we can do a face to face for a spell. In the meantime, I post my frequencies at:

http://www.swnh.org/freqs.htm

I always post each frequency with a date last received, so you'll know if the data is fresh or stale.

John B
N1QGS
Derry NH

Status
Not open for further replies.