Looking for updated frequencies Smyth County

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9jsq

I am trying to get an updated list for my area's law enforcement here in Smyth County. I'm asking for help with Marion, Chilhowie, Saltville, and Smyth County Police frequencies. Only a couple on the database seem active, but I still miss quite a few things going on. Any advice would be wonderful.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Two things to try:

1 - Go to the FCC Licenses tab on each county's database page. There may be more frequencies licensed, than what you see identified in the database.

2 - Try setting your squelch type to 'search'

If you read about my adventures in southside Virginia the last two days, you see that some locations I thought I knew well changed on me over the last year. In some cases they changed frequency. In other cases they just changed the squelch code. Coded squelch really combats the interference, but if you put in one code, and the user changes to another, you're going to have a silent frequency.

Let us know what you find.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

kc9jsq

I'll have a look and see what I can find. I run open squelch just as a failsafe until I am positive which tone is being used. It gets a bit noisy depending on the weather, but I can tolerate that over not hearing something important.

Status
Not open for further replies.