Looking for .wav files....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Hey folks, I know someone out there in RR land can point me in the right direction. I'm a pretty good Googler, but seem to be stumped on this one...

One of our engine companies at work has recently moved into a new station, and their station captain has given the members permission to program the FRAP (Motorola MOSCAD paging) with their "own" station alerting sound. The default for our system is a hi-lo sound, but they'd like something different ... and I can't say I blame 'em.

One of the options they've been given is using a .wav of the "Emergency!" (TV show) tones, and we already have that. However, the personnel are looking for some .wav examples of systems like Houston and FDNY use that utilize computer voices that say, "Engine" and "Medic."

Anyone know where I might be able to find some .wav's like this, or anything similiar? Any leads would be great.

Thanks!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Dallas Fire Rescue, Plano, & Ft Worth FD also use a computerized dispatch "voice".
Dallas calls their medic units "rescues", not to be confused with the Urban Search and Rescue units (two of them). The latter would probably be roughly equivalent to what other cities would call a rescue squad, carrying tactical rescue gear.

mcema699

Suggestion??

Why not make your own using your favorite local voice (sexy dispatcher, spouse, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.