• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

looking for xts3000 parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay12

hello i need these parts fo my xts3000
7505293Z03 - Keypad, Model III
NTN8311B - Keypad, Flex Assy
5105385Y19 - LCD Display Module
7505336Z01 - LCD Locator Pad
or a mode 3 case that has the lcd and flex in it If any one has theies parts or know where to get them plese lt me know

fineshot1

hello i need these parts fo my xts3000
7505293Z03 - Keypad, Model III
NTN8311B - Keypad, Flex Assy
5105385Y19 - LCD Display Module
7505336Z01 - LCD Locator Pad
or a mode 3 case that has the lcd and flex in it If any one has theies parts or know where to get them plese lt me know

Im guessing you are not taking my advice in your original model1 thread.

Did you order the model 3 controller as well?

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
There is more to converting a model 1 to a model 3 than slapping a few parts in a case. It also takes the software and programming cables and some other unspoken tricks that arent for a new radio user.

jparks29

John McClane
There is more to converting a model 1 to a model 3 than slapping a few parts in a case. It also takes the software and programming cables and some other unspoken tricks that arent for a new radio user.

fast forward two months....

'Whats an srec? What does fail 01/92 mean?'

Josh

Motorola 2 Way Radios, Motorola Accessories and Batteries

they're a motorola dealer. Slap those part numbers in their search engine and away you go. Typically the cheapest price around.

MOTOROLA 7505293Z03 KEYPAD, MODEL 3 ---$6.54
MOTOROLA NTN8311B KEYPAD BD KIT ---- $39.84
MOTOROLA 7505336Z01 PAD FRONT ------- $2.18
That display part # doesn't come up as anything, They are the most expensive part, compared to the rest, around $80 I think.

Last edited:

XTS3000

FAIL 01/92 is an Internal EEPROM Checksum Error. Basically your tuning partition of the srec is corrupt. Hope you made a backup of the tuning values in the original radio, if not you can shove a new srec into the radio and have it complely realigned using a service monitor.

jay12

im haveing a motorla deller to it for me is costing a bit but less then a mod3 to buy thats the only resone im doing it

fineshot1

im haveing a motorla deller to it for me is costing a bit but less then a mod3 to buy thats the only resone im doing it

Not sure how much he is charging you but I picked up 2 used(in great shape) XTS3000 vhf and uhf model 3's for $435 each with shipping. Since they are not manufactured anymore they have become quite reasonable on the used market but you have to know what you are buying of course.

Unless one already has the parts on hand it is not worth the moto techs costs to convert from a model 1 to a model 3. That is why I suggested to you to just purchase another working XTS3000 in the desired configuration as they are lately abundant and cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.