Looking frequencies used during Indiana University football games

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
What frequencies/systems are worth monitoring during game days? SAFE-T talkgroups? Conventional frequencies for Memorial Stadium? PL tones?

Please share what you listen to during IU home football games.

Thanks

Viper43

Everything you need is in the database for the county, they use IU frequencies, Bloomington PD & County PD frequencies as well as some SAFET as well. By next year much of it will be on SAFET.
Same goes for basketball games too. But why worry about football now? The season is over....
V

cubn

Database Admin
Correct - I'm making a Radioreference wiki page for Big Ten football game frequencies but I haven't posted it yet (still working on it).

Anything I can find in the database or forums such as stadium ops, parking, police, fire/ems, towing, shuttle buses, media, etc. related to game days I'm adding to that page. People may be traveling to these games and not be familiar with the variety of local systems and frequencies where these operations occur so I'm compiling that info to a central location (similar to the NFL, NBA, NHL pages) as best I can.

Viper43

Ok, that makes sense but maybe you should have mentioned that so we knew what was up. Anyway IU uses all the systems, from conventional to LTE, and the po;ice use conventional, and SAFET. As I said above they may change all police ops at games to SAFET by next season, but we'll find out for sure at the first home game. The departments that cover the IU games are: IU PD, Bloomington PD, Monroe Co Sheriffs Dept, Indiana State Police...and I have seen a few IMPD personell as well. I am not sure what the stadium frequencies are but they do have maintenance TG's and so forth on the LTR system. When I am there I'm too busy to pay much attention to the radios.

BTW, if you want any photos of the stadium ley me know, I have a few.

V

pickles37

Just an update on this rather old thread - the active frequencies for football games currently seem to be:

L-MA-2 (SAFET) - most agencies including IUPD, MCSD, EPD
ISP-33-OPS1 - ISP operations
BHAS F1/F2/F3 - COM1 communicating with medic units in the field

I've also heard ITAC-4 used occasionally

cubn

Database Admin
464.500 151.4

The last two times Indiana has played here in Champaign I've heard this frequency used and I believe it's used by Indiana's band.

pickles37

Also the last few games I haven't heard L-MA-2 used - most of the game police traffic appears to be on 53-IUP-OPS1 and sometimes ISP-33-OPS1 or 53-MCS-OPS1. So much for interoperability!

Status
Not open for further replies.