Looking like all the Greenville VHF is moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
We know the fire chiefs talkgroup has been the site for Belmont FD. The last two days, Slater-Marietta and gownsville has been dispatched on them. Just heard a call on the old fire chiefs talkgroup again for slater and River falls. Sorry I don't remember the talk group number the scanner is 20 feet from me. Also heard Duncan Chapel getting tone tests on it today. Still a little ways out, but to me it looks like Greenville County fire is going to the 800 sytem. Sorry for my typing batteries are dying in the keyboard.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
44041 Talk group
Doing 10 things at once here, but just heard a cancel call to engine 85 on that talk group wich would be Travelers Rest FD.

rescuecomm

Oh well, looks like my days of listening to Greenville County Fire dispatch on my ham radio is "Over." I see a mobile scanner in my future.

Bob

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Yes, 44041 is the primary Greenville County Fire dispatch talkgroup. I suspect there will be some tac/operations talkgroups put into effect soon as well. Ft. Inn FD and PD have also switched to Palmetto 800 this week. I would assume that most FDs will maintain their VHF or UHF "private" systems for a while at least, but it seems like primary dispatch will finally move to Palmetto 800.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, listed for quite a while today and all seemed to be uhf, but then Duncan Chapel asked for a tone test on UHF and dispatch responded on UHF or 800.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Seems like today might have been the day. All dispatch was on the 800 system that I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.