Looking to buy a minitor II pager, advice needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james812

Hello everyone!

I have been reading and researching, but there is almost an overload of information out there and on here.

For times I don't want to carry my 396 (have ham ticket) I am looking to get a minitor pager with the proper reeds for tone out for our local FD, EMS, to stay informed. What pager does anyone else use for this? or am I missing an easier way?

A few threads on RR have said contact Hover Elect or G&G Comm does anyone else agree with this?

I am thinking of gambling on a pager on Ebay, minitor II and configuring it myself with the crystals and reeds. Does this seem reasonable and possible?

All the used web sites seem to want around the $180 mark +/- for a mintor II with the reeds and crystals, can anyone advise if they have done it this way or went the Ebay gamble?

Thanks in advance for your time and opinions, I feel the Indiana forum is a great place for information and thanks to everyone who makes it that way!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Keep in mind that a Minitor II is not supported by big M. They are not narrowband compliant, either.

I endorse United Communications, as I have had them repair many Minitor IIs for my agency, and they are doing work to make them able to handle narrowband.

www.ucccommunications.com

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I just noticed that you are wanting tone-out for fire & EMS. If they have different "A" tones, the II won't handle that. If you need/want multiple tone sets, then look for a Minitor V, Swissphone or Watchdog.

W9NES

Jmaes 812, I endorse G&G communications out of New York. I bought a Motorola pager from them for National Weather Service on 162.550 with a 1050HZ tone. Gerry has anything that you need.Also Gerry has tone reads and crystals in stock.Just let him know what frequency you need.Just do a search for their web site G&G Communications out of New York.G&G is is good choice for your pager purchase. If you need anyting please feel free to conact me by sending me a pm.Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.