Looking to buy a SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2150

Called Uniden and they said try Scannermaster or Bearcat Warehouse to save on shipping since Uniden charges for it. Any recommendations on which or any other place to purchase. In Florida not many if any brick and mortar stores.

Steve2150

Xray

I like zip because they go the extra mile to see you are satisfied and if you need any help, they emailed a couple times after the sale just to ask how it was going and if I needed anything. I didn't but if I did, nice to know support was there. Bearcat warehouse enjoys a good rep, both offer free shipping with no tax.
Zip has free programming for 1 county, bearcat is $45 for the same, so thats an incentive right there [county programming is pretty easy but its nice to have it set to go out of the box - If they do it or you do it, you'll have to customize it to your preferences anyhow, very few people want to listen to literally everything like salt trucks]. They both usually offer "free" incentives like this since neither can drop the price, in the past I have seen bearcat offer a free antenna but they seem to have pulled that offer.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I recall issues with Zip Scanners recently. Specifically:

Many people chimed in with bad experiences. I bought my SDS100 through webtron-x on Amazon. ScannerMaster or Bearcat Warehouse are also great choices.

Xray

I recall issues with Zip Scanners recently. Specifically:

Many people chimed in with bad experiences. I bought my SDS100 through webtron-x on Amazon. ScannerMaster or Bearcat Warehouse are also great choices.

Uh huh, shall I chime in with all the sketchy amazon experiences ?
I'm not speaking for everyone, I am speaking for myself - And its worth noting that there are more happy customers in your old zip hate thread than disgruntled ones. If I listened to every neg forum review I would have no phone, ISP, computer, impact wrench or truck ,, And I personally don't like the way bearcat warehouse has a false advertising click bait banner on this forum that advertises the 200 for $649 when in fact it is $699 just like everywhere else.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Uh huh, shall I chime in with all the sketchy amazon experiences ?
I'm not speaking for everyone, I am speaking for myself - And its worth noting that there are more happy customers in your old zip hate thread than disgruntled ones. If I listened to every neg forum review I would have no phone, ISP, computer, impact wrench or truck ,, And I personally don't like the way bearcat warehouse has a false advertising click bait banner on this forum that advertises the 200 for $649 when in fact it is $699 just like everywhere else.
No one is saying you had a bad experience with them. Others did and it is worth noting. Comparing a marketplace of many sellers to one seller isn’t worthwhile.

Xray

No one is saying you had a bad experience with them. Others did and it is worth noting. Comparing a marketplace of many sellers to one seller isn’t worthwhile.

Sure its worth noting, same guys every time post a link to it every time the name "zip" comes up - Guess they don't realize or care that more guys expressed satisfaction in that thread than disappointment.

I didn't comapre anything, I said I would not recommend. Don't know about Uniden but many OEM manufacturers will not honor a warranty on a purchase through Amazon. You often have no idea who you are actually dealing with and your chances of getting a 2nd hand unit are high. You may or may not have any recourse if you need a refund/service, for all of those reasons and probably more I would stay away.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
I got mine from Bearcat Warehouse and did the Static Discharge fix and so far, it's performed quite well since no hum at all, I'll give it some more time to form my final opinion!

Greg43545

I just bought mine ( Should arrive before 03-10-2020 ) from Factory Outlet Store.Com, got it for $699.00 plus tax and shipping is free.

I've purchased an HP-2, Uniden power cables, antennas and such from them in the past and have never had a problem with them.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master... Ordered Sept 24, 2019... Had it Sept 27, 2019...
Free UPS shipping... No Tax...

Attachments

• SDS100 receipt_LI.jpg
    SDS100 receipt_LI.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 43

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've purchased several Uniden radios from HRO, no problems whatsoever. However, their return policy and restocking fees make purchasing from them more risky. I had a bad experience with Zip Scanners not being exactly truthful, so I won't buy from them again. Bearcat Warehouse has been running some deceptive ads, so nyet for them as well. Funny enough, I would buy online from Walmart - but you must make sure that Walmart is the actual seller. They have a good return policy and no restocking fee. Same with Amazon, just be careful about 3rd party sellers and their return policies. I've purchased some accessories from Scanner Master with no issues, however they can be more expensive than other sellers.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Of the two Scannermaster talk to Rich carlson he will take care of you.

Called Uniden and they said try Scannermaster or Bearcat Warehouse to save on shipping since Uniden charges for it. Any recommendations on which or any other place to purchase. In Florida not many if any brick and mortar stores.

N4DJC

Scannermaster may be higher on some models but saving $42 in sales tax and free UPS shipping on the SDS200 is pretty good. Rich Carlson is a good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.