looking to get a nmo lip mount anythoughts to a nice clean install item

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The Maxrad BMT is about as simplistic as it gets. Also check the Larsen NMOTLP which Lexmedic has on his car.

I have a couple of problems with trunk lip mounts. First, the design typically puts a lot of stress on the coax because it has to bend 180 degrees with a short radius. And, as mentioned in Lexmedic's thread, you have to be careful that the setscrews make good contact while not causing a lot of corrosion.

audi

i have tha lasen one as seen above and use oil spray to control rust. problem is my cars truck is not straight and flat so the nmo does not sit flush works fine on the cb but not sure what else to do no that i am looking for scanner nmo

KC9AXZ

Most all lip mounts are the same. They give a nice clean look and are easy to install/remove. Don't be fooled by overpriced mounts. You can get low cost mounts that are just as sturdy and well built as the big brand names.

Jon

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
I have three Motorola trunk lip mounts on my car. They are great, watertight and I have slack wire under the trunk lid so there isnt really a problem with bent wire.
I bought the kits from a Moto shop, they are $35 a piece.

lexmedic157

I have three Motorola trunk lip mounts on my car. They are great, watertight and I have slack wire under the trunk lid so there isnt really a problem with bent wire.
I bought the kits from a Moto shop, they are $35 a piece.

Can you post a pic of your antenna setup? I'm doing the same, but not sure if I like the look...

Status
Not open for further replies.