Looking to mix Discord audio with audio from my microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and thanks in advance for your time!

I like to chat with people on sites like Omegle and Chatroulette, and often have fun streaming these interactions to my friends in Discord. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it so that the random person I'm chatting with can hear my friends in Discord too, making it a more interactive experience for everyone.

Essentially, I need to split my Discord audio to go to both my desktop audio (so I can hear it) and my microphone used for the chat application, without it looping back into Discord.

I've been tinkering with Virtual Audio Cable for a while, but the interface and documentation are both so hard to understand. I was wondering if there is a simpler way to do this, or if I could hire someone for their time to help me out with understanding and getting it to work.

I use Windows 10 and VAC v.60.0.10191

Thanks again and have a great day,

Silver Dubloons

Last edited:

killerspam

I use VoiceMeter for this purpose. It comes in a few flavours - VoiceMeter, VoiceMeter Banana, and VoiceMeter Potato. You get 3 'Virtual' audio inputs, to which you can route audio from apps individually and then mix them to either virtual or physical outputs.

I use this for streaming/recording video games.

Windows 10 has a feature where you can override the output device of an individual app. Right click the sound icon in the tray, go Sound Settings, then scroll to Advanced. You'll see "App volume and device preferences". In there you can assign different sound input/output devices on a per-app basis.

In my example, I have Virtual Audio 1 assigned for all 'normal' audio.
VoiceMeter AUX (second virtual in) I have assigned to Discord Output
VoiceMeter AIO3 (third virtual in) I have assigned to a video game using the method described above.

The benefit is, you can then route your virtual output to virtual inputs. So you could, for example, mix your Microphone with the discord Output into Virtual Input 3, which I think is what you were asking for.

I use OBS to record my screen, and I get 3 separate audio channels which I can mix independently.

As a complete aside, I also 3D printed a 'deej' hardware mixer, which utilises Windows "Volume Mixer" to independently control sound levels on the fly. I made a 5-slider box, and have different apps assigned to each channel (i.e. #1 Windows audio, #2 Game, #3 Discord, #4 Spotify, #5 Other).

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.