Looking to purchase new Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParamusCO4

I live and work in Paramus NJ, Bregen County, and I am in need of a new scanner and want to make the best choice. Anyone out there know if Paramus and the surrounding towns will be going Digital anytime soon I would hate to spend money now on a scanner that will only last me a couple of month's.

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
take a look at the bergen county forums. there are actually quite a few p25 systems in the county, as well in surrounding counties. off the top of my head, bergen county trs, rockland county trs, franklin lakes, rutherford...more and more systems are going p25 every year. i didn't justify the costs for a digital scanner back in 2003 when i bought a BC785D, but in the last year...so much has gone digital or is going digital that i bought both a BCD996T and a BCD396T and i haven't looked back. take a look at the database and see what is digital in your area. then you can better judge what kind of scanner would fit your listening needs better (digital v. analog, do you need a trunk-tracking scanner, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.