Looking to upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I have a RS pro 106 now. I live in Brandon, Ms. My 106 will work great sometimes then nothing for days. The live feed from the net is fine. So I'm thinking something is going on with my 106. Thinking about the gre800. What is on the market that I should look at? I don't mind spending a little more on a good product.

Remo

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Remo I would try spending some time trying to find out what is wrong with the programming on your 106. There's very little detail here about how you did it (manually, via software, what package did you use, what system(s) you are trying to hear), but that symptom suggests you don't have all the control channels for your system(s), assuming here that this is a trunked system.

The PSR800 is a nice little scanner, to be sure, but why spend money needlessly? best regards..Mike

N8IAA

I have a RS pro 106 now. I live in Brandon, Ms. My 106 will work great sometimes then nothing for days. The live feed from the net is fine. So I'm thinking something is going on with my 106. Thinking about the gre800. What is on the market that I should look at? I don't mind spending a little more on a good product. Remo

Did you buy the 106 new? What antenna are you using? You may want to initialize (page 98 of the manual) the radio and try reloading the file again. Using two different programming software packages sometimes confuses the scanner:) When you load the file, make sure you add in all the CC frequencies. You have three for your county system. Make sure that the Global attenuation is off by pressing Func, then ATT. The G will no longer be on your screen. Maybe post your Win500 file for us to look at too. Maybe something is not quite right.
HTH,
Larry

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I think the G is on the screen while it's running. I have used win 500 and acr to program it. Loaded all the rankin co. Ms files turnked and conv from RR. It had 3 control channels for the trunked system. It picked up very little. I added the rest on the channels And it started working great. I have the RS 800 antenna and I bought it new, right after it cam out. I upgraded from a pro 97. (still have)
I don't know how to post my file but I will email it to someone to post. Thanks for the help! I will try the function /att and let y'all know soon.

Remo

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If the "A" is not showing the "ATTEN" is not "on"...To be on it must show "GA"....Here in ILL listening to the ILL-Digital Starcom 700/800 system my GRE500 is the same problematic scanner, it is the latest ver 1.9 and has constant dropouts on the system while my Uniden 396XT works perfect??....There are alot of things that effect the GRE/RS products= cell towers, overload, multisite systems, personally i would like a PSR800 but am affraid to take the chance.....

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
Ok. I turned the G off and it seemed to start working. I haven't had a chance to sit down and compare it to the live feed. I'll need to check it for a day or two to see if it's still droping out. I did update the firmware a week or two ago. Question? Do I need the GA on or off? Now they are off. I get a little t in a box while it runs. I'm assuming this is when it's scanning the trunked system.

Remo

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the "T" is active when the trunk system is being received well....When the "G" is showing the "ATT" system is in the "active" mode but not attenuating yet, when the "A" is with it then its active....GRE has i think a wierd "ATT" uating system...When there is nothing up in the readout its "all" off....

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I was scanning today. I was picing up conv stuff but no trunk. The little t in the black box wasn't there. So it wasn't scanning the trunked system? Why? It's working fine now.

Remo

Status
Not open for further replies.