Loops Loop kit from Cross Country in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I have Chris' multicoupler, so I would expect the same quality from this.

--
Mike

chipbutty

I also have one on the way. I've heard mixed reports so far. Ordered an MLA-30 as well for peanuts. Some say it's awful but watching this video it compares very favourably with the Wellbrook and beats the CCW loop. At least in his configuration. Chris at CCW said he designed the new loop to be an alternative to the MLA-30, i.e low cost but better quality. I shall speak as I find!

I bought one of the loops will see if it works i doubt it bought his hf active vee few weeks ago and its crap..

Regards Lino..

Turbo68

I seen that video trouble is when most test these antennas they listen to broadcast stations which is not my intrest at all only hf aircraft but to be honest the ccw hf vee cost me $320 australian dollars and its crap so i dont expect much from his loop just to be on the safe side i ordered another W6LVP loop and performance on it is excellent..

Regards Lino...

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
I also have one on the way. I've heard mixed reports so far. Ordered an MLA-30 as well for peanuts. Some say it's awful but watching this video it compares very favourably with the Wellbrook and beats the CCW loop. At least in his configuration. Chris at CCW said he designed the new loop to be an alternative to the MLA-30, i.e low cost but better quality. I shall speak as I find!

Looking forward to your report on these antennas.
How did the CCW loop perform?
How did you find the MLA-30?
How did they compare to each other?

chipbutty

The CCW loop is something of a work in progress. Many people, including myself, found it less sensitive above 6 MHz than the MLA-30. Chris has looked in to this and is making changes to it. He has already posted on his forum on how to make the changes. I plan to do this once he's provided a bit more information. Once I make the changes I'll compare it to the MLA-30 again on SW. The MLA-30 is excellent for the money. It is very poor on MW and LW though. The CCW loop beats it hands down there. Hopefully the CCW loop will match the performance of the MLA-30 on SW after the changes.

Looking forward to your report on these antennas.
How did the CCW loop perform?
How did you find the MLA-30?
How did they compare to each other?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The CCW loop is something of a work in progress. Many people, including myself, found it less sensitive above 6 MHz than the MLA-30. Chris has looked in to this and is making changes to it. He has already posted on his forum on how to make the changes. I plan to do this once he's provided a bit more information. Once I make the changes I'll compare it to the MLA-30 again on SW. The MLA-30 is excellent for the money. It is very poor on MW and LW though. The CCW loop beats it hands down there. Hopefully the CCW loop will match the performance of the MLA-30 on SW after the changes.

Which CCW loop did you get? Thd VLF/HF model, or HF/VHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.