Loose screw in early PSR-500 production

Status
Not open for further replies.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
This may be a repeat, I didn't see it here but didn't look real hard....(found this on another service)....

A small screw inside the scanner near the BNC antenna connector has been found to be loose on early production units. If it falls out, it can cause a short circuit and damage the scanner.

To gain access to the screw, remove the four long external screws and two short screws at the bottom of the scanner in the battery compartment. Carefully remove the rear cover and locate a small silver colored screw near the BNC antenna connector. Do not over tighten it and apply a drop of Super Glue or other glue.

Re-assemble the scanner and enjoy.

GRE is aware of this problem.

Statevillian

I had a very tiny loose screw fall out of my battery compartment a long time ago. I thought nothing of it. BNC connector seems stable. Should I worry?..........

ka5s

Thread locker on reassembling the PSR-500

tbhausen said:
Why the super glue? I can't agree with that. And would checking this void the warranty?

Todd/Indy
KC9NEG

Thread locker. However, cyanoacrylate is often destructive of plastics.

Cortland
KA5S

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Wife, girlfriend, or SO may have fingernail polish. When colored polish is solidified you can tell if the thread lock is broken. That works just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.