Lorain County Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJX

I'm testing a few frequencies in Lorain county like Oberlin PD (158.84250) and Avon Public Works (151.37750) but I can not type them into my radio.

Whenever I try tuning to them, it rounds me up to the nearest 5.0KHz.

I have a BCD996XT.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation and how I can input these frequencies into my radio?

Thanks.

digitalanalog

Band Defaults basically, this setting allows you change the 'Auto' values you can select while programming frequencies, searches, etc. to whatever you feel 'Auto' should be for each band (vs. the radio defaults). Since all of the step and modulation settings default to 'Auto', this allows you to skip those settings when programming. Note: these setting have no affect on service searches.
Scroll to the band you wish to edit and press E/. Refer to Auto Step Size chart to help find the bands in the menu.
At 'Set Modulation' scroll to AM, NFM, FM, WFM, or FMB (Broadcast) and press E/ to save and exit.
At 'Set Step' scroll to Auto, 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, or 100 kHz and press E/ to save and exit.
Scroll to any other bands you wish to edit and repeat. Press MENU to return.

DJX

I'll try that when I get home but shouldn't I be able to punch in any freq I want, without having to mess with changing stepping.

For example (this is how I usualy tune to any arbitrary freq):
Press Hold
Input freq
Press Hold again

digitalanalog

Freq's in that range (150-159) normally do not allow for 4 digit's past the ".", so you need to change the step so it don't round up, or that is at least how I have always know it to work.

DJX

Yup, thanks.
For some reason, even if manually inputing freq's, you have to specify the correct steping.

For those freq's, it is 7.5KHz.

Thanks again.

Intellifax

The receive bandwidth on most consumer grade scanners is so wide that it probably won't make any difference in reception if it does round it up or down. Give it a listen without changing the steps and see if it works.

KD8CES

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I listen to Oberlin Police regularly on frequency 158.8425, from Vermilion area with no problem on a ground plane scanner antenna mounted in attic. I also have 151.3775 programmed and pretty sure I have logged traffic on it, but don,t have any recent records on it. Hope this helps. SD

DJX

Thanks everyone,
Yeah, I test new freq's occasionally b/c I'm not sure if I'm in range...
I can program these in no problem, I was just having trouble manually tuning to them.
It turns out that I do pick up Oberlin, scratchy, but it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.