Lorain County In The News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
Maybe they could ask Fairfield County for some pointers on how to operate with no budget! Buying hearts and minds one vote at a time.

FPO703

Nobody. They won't lose their frequencies just because they can't afford (read: tax payers being too cheap to pay for law/fire/ems protection) to maintain a patrol division.

CVPI4Ever

Wow. I heard this may happen. As a former Auxiliary Deputy Sheriff (2004-2006) at Lorain County Sheriffs Office, I didnt think it would become a reality. I hope its fought hard. Most of those guys are great.

Further, I will believe it when its posted at least on the LCSO website, www.loraincountysheriff.com and not the Plain Squealer.

Last edited:

I've seen threats like this before issued by agencies as a means to stir up and/or manipulate public panic/outrage when a budgetary issue or tax issue doesn't seem like it will be decided in favor of the agency. Maybe the Lorain Co threat holds water, maybe it doesn't. I'm not holding my breath.

Unless Chagrin Falls Twp has been annexed into another town, there are two townships left in Cuyahoga Co... CFT and Olmsted Twp. Olmsted Twp has its own PD, dunno if CFT does or not. Way to go, PD editorial staff...

hoser147

Sounds as if they are going to try and push a levy on the residents. My county has had some tough times and the township I live in went to the sheriff and got a deputy just for our township and they float all costs for the one deputy. thru levies that the taxpayers passed. Things are looking much better after 3 trips to the polls they pasted a levy for a new SO/jail and tore down the old one. They said it was one of the oldest Jails in the country. hopefully things will change and work out for the best.............hoser147

FPO703 said:
Chagrin Falls Twp has been gone for ages. It's covered by Chagrin Falls PD.

Looks like the township still actually exists. I find it interesting that even though they're covered by CFPD for law enforcement, they pay out for "police and fire radio service".

http://www.chagrinfallstownship.org/links.html

135 residents in 38 households in 1/2 a square mile. Yeah... I can see where they might not need their own PD. Unless they want to set up some sort of speedtrap like Linndale (117 residents on 0.1 square mile of land)... ;) Alas, no interstate running through...

Speaking of Cuyahoga Co townships, I assume Riveredge Twp (gone since about 1990) PD numbered their units in the 64** series, assuming there actually was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.