LORD, I NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heymoe1

Feed Provider
I purchased a Uniden BCD436HP. I am trying, desperately, to add frequencies, manually, to Favorites Lists. When I try to edit a list, nowhere do I see a place to enter a frequency. Isn't there a way to just enter a name and the related frequency. I hope someone can help me with this issue! Mike

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I purchased a Uniden BCD436HP. I am trying, desperately, to add frequencies, manually, to Favorites Lists. When I try to edit a list, nowhere do I see a place to enter a frequency. Isn't there a way to just enter a name and the related frequency. I hope someone can help me with this issue! Mike

Use the favorites list editor in Sentinel to customize your favorites lists.

From the top tool bar in Sentinel.... Edit ---> Edit Favorites List

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Frequencies are added to Departments in a conventional System in Sentinel, unless they are part of a trunked system.

heymoe1

Feed Provider
First of all, thank you all, for the assistance.....just isn't making any sense to me. I still don't see where I input a frequency for an agency that I want to program into the scanner. Feel like a total dummy, but I don't see that option anywhere. It's a frequency that is non-existent in the master database! I've looked at all the links that have been provided, but totally confusing to me!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
First of all, thank you all, for the assistance.....just isn't making any sense to me. I still don't see where I input a frequency for an agency that I want to program into the scanner. Feel like a total dummy, but I don't see that option anywhere. It's a frequency that is non-existent in the master database! I've looked at all the links that have been provided, but totally confusing to me!
Where are you at in the process?
You should be in the Favorites List Editor. Once there, click the Green plus sign to create a new system. Chose Conventional as the System Type.
After that click the new system in the left side tree. Click the Green plus sign to create a new department. After that click the new department in the left side tree. Click the Green plus sign to create a new channel (frequency).

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Are you absolutely sure that you are using the favorites list EDITOR window in Sentinel?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Click the left side tree EMS / Ambulance system [+] to expand the system then expand the department or create a new department.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Click the left side tree EMS / Ambulance system [+] to expand the system then expand the department or create a new department.
That is if you want the frequencies in the EMS / Ambulance system. If you want a new system then click the Green plus icon.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There's a 3-level hierarchy. Systems, then Departments (Sites for trunked systems), and then frequencies. So you create a System, then a Department inside the System, then add frequencies in the Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.