Los Angeles County Fire

DanKC8PAE

Premium Subscriber
Hello Southern California scanner enthusiasts. I will be visiting your state here in a few weeks. Our hotel will be in Anaheim and I am planning on bringing my Uniden SDS 100. I already have it programed for Orange County. We will also be making a couple of day trips to the Los Angeles County area. I will be taking my scanner in the car with me however I do not know how much time I will get to listen during the day but will have time in the evenings when at the hotel. My primary target is listening to Fire and EMS communications. I am in the Fire and EMS service for my profession. I have the Interagency Communications Interoperability System as well as the Los Angeles City system loaded into the radio. I appears that Los Angeles County Fire is still on UHF Conventional. My question is should I be able to hear Los Angeles County Fire UHF conventional at the hotel in Anaheim and if so what frequencies are recommended to add to my radio. I do not want to slow the scanner down listening to simplex frequencies that are to far away to hear from the hotel.

Thanks Dan from Ohio

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I appears that Los Angeles County Fire is still on UHF Conventional. My question is should I be able to hear Los Angeles County Fire UHF conventional at the hotel in Anaheim and if so what frequencies are recommended to add to my radio.
LACoFD is still UHF conventional, but they've moved to a new frequency plan. It's available here on RR. You'll probably want to monitor the countywide dispatch channel. There's a detailed discussion now on the Greater Los Angeles & Inland subforum.

County Fire also uses VHF channels, especially on brush fires where they interop with other agencies. Some are repeated, ,some simplex. VFIRE 21 is also good to monitor as major incident interop assignment notifications are broadcast there.

Don't forget US Forest Service channels. Probably Angeles, Cleveland and San Bernando NF will be hearable at your location. It's still brush fire season.

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
Hello Southern California scanner enthusiasts. I will be visiting your state here in a few weeks. Our hotel will be in Anaheim and I am planning on bringing my Uniden SDS 100. I already have it programed for Orange County. We will also be making a couple of day trips to the Los Angeles County area. I will be taking my scanner in the car with me however I do not know how much time I will get to listen during the day but will have time in the evenings when at the hotel. My primary target is listening to Fire and EMS communications. I am in the Fire and EMS service for my profession. I have the Interagency Communications Interoperability System as well as the Los Angeles City system loaded into the radio. I appears that Los Angeles County Fire is still on UHF Conventional. My question is should I be able to hear Los Angeles County Fire UHF conventional at the hotel in Anaheim and if so what frequencies are recommended to add to my radio. I do not want to slow the scanner down listening to simplex frequencies that are to far away to hear from the hotel.

Thanks Dan from Ohio
LA County Fire is on the new UHF conventional
LA City is still on their 800 conventional
Orange County is all encrypted, you won’t hear anything

Yes you will hear LA County and City from Anaheim

Eng74

You will not be able to scan Orange County. All fire and EMS are the E. If you are staying near the Disneyland Resort you will be able to get LACoFD, ICIS, and depending on how high up you are some LA City Fire.