Los Angeles News Media Field to Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
When I hear radio reporters from the field on the radio, I am curious what method of communications the field reporter is using to communicate from their SUV/Vehicle that they are reporting from to get back to the studio. I can often hear the assignment desk on the radio, but not the field reporter side. Any ideas? I have all of the Radio and TV frequencies from RadioReference programmed in, but wondered if there are any non-listed channels out there....

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

tkenny53

the old days 450.050 was for KABC 7 news, not sure if that is still being used, most use cell to talk, live cameras use extended mic's, and they filter the sound, I would think FCC database would show the call letters and match to each station

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
The video and audio from OB trucks are sent via microwave usually to Mt. Wilson or though internet gear like LiveU. However on air talent receive IFB from telephone or the news stations downlink.

PaulNDaOC

I remember as a kid listening to KNBC assignment desk on 161.76 KES328 before cell phones and you knew what was breaking in the entire region Warren Cereghino and Kris Knudsen were the best assignment editors in L.A. news ever. It was actually newsworthy when Warren retired five years ago after 55 years. He was that good.
KABC 450.15 KQA 845 was pretty good too.
They had good news desks but as far as news anchors go no one will ever knock Stan Chambers from his pedestal.

Status
Not open for further replies.