Los Angeles Railroad Freq. Scanning Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

I am in the Los Angeles area. I put the entire CA RR database frequencies in a Favorite list. When I scan the Favorite all I get are short bursts of what sounds like a machine gun on most of the channels.I tried scanning 161.2650 which is supposed to be the Metro Gold Line near me. I get the same sounds. Can someone please help me? I have the Railroad type selected. Thanks, Bob.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I am in the Los Angeles area. I put the entire CA RR database frequencies in a Favorite list. When I scan the Favorite all I get are short bursts of what sounds like a machine gun on most of the channels.I tried scanning 161.2650 which is supposed to be the Metro Gold Line near me. I get the same sounds. Can someone please help me? I have the Railroad type selected. Thanks, Bob.

The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA 'light rail') uses NXDN for their road operations. Make sure you used the correct DB entries from this page: Los Angeles County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Don

ElevatorsAndRadios

yarewesog
Premium Subscriber
Those are beacons used by subscriber radios for RSSI voting. They will do nothing for you but clog up your scanlist unless you have an NXDN capable receiver. Lock 'em out.

BobFam

PROBABLY NXDN Digital frequencies
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA 'light rail') uses NXDN for their road operations. Make sure you used the correct DB entries from this page: Los Angeles County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Don
PROBABLY NXDN Digital frequencies
Thanks. That's the problem. Bob.
Those are beacons used by subscriber radios for RSSI voting. They will do nothing for you but clog up your scanlist unless you have an NXDN capable receiver. Lock 'em out.
Thanks. I do not have the NXDN key so I'll lock them out. Bob.

cmdrwill

Real bummer, liked listing to the Gold, Blue, lines. But they went to NXDN a long time ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.