Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System (LA-RICS) - Master Thread

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I am picking up the South Simulcast 700 site with five bars from South Orange County on my G5 radio tonight. Pretty nice how these radios are so sensitive. I used the RR import database feature into the Unication programming software. That's a really nice feature too. The only talk-group that I hear is LACOFD Blue-8 dispatch. Sound pretty good so far.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
I am picking up the South Simulcast 700 site with five bars from South Orange County on my G5 radio tonight. Pretty nice how these radios are so sensitive. I used the RR import database feature into the Unication programming software. That's a really nice feature too. The only talk-group that I hear is LACOFD Blue-8 dispatch. Sound pretty good so far.

Same for San Gabriel 700. Seems like Verdugo Peak is no longer up (awaiting confirmation), but Voice Loop, Blue 8, and LASD Aero were loud and clear on 700 and UHF.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
A pretty sizable number of TGs added to Db. Sadly most are ENC, though some non-encrypted ones such as LACo Fire and Lifeguards.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
There's a lot of potential reasons, but what I learned it boils down to is: because they can.
I was literally gonna say the same thing :LOL: it’s already in there and available anyway.. fortunately LAFD left theirs open on STRS so it’s not all gone.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
I find it more interesting that they added so many "Junior Lifeguard" talkgroups. Like, what?? JG's get to use the $10,000 radios too?? Oh, to be a kid again. It probably won't be the kids, just the instructors, but the point still stands. Giving these TG's out like candy.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I find it more interesting that they added so many "Junior Lifeguard" talkgroups. Like, what?? JG's get to use the $10,000 radios too?? Oh, to be a kid again. It probably won't be the kids, just the instructors, but the point still stands. Giving these TG's out like candy.

Might as well, the cities that were onboard have for the most part dropped out for greener, working pastures.

All those TG's... so little time :p

Wow, LACo Air Ops going dark. Who thought of that idea? But hey, we'll be "safe." *air quotes* *air quotes*
It is interesting that this list of TG’s and their encryption status got submitted here to the Database, being it was a “possible” list and not what we are actually programming and deploying in our radios Mon-Fri this month.. Oh well! :coffee:

I was literally gonna say the same thing :LOL: it’s already in there and available anyway.. fortunately LAFD left theirs open on STRS so it’s not all gone.
Don’t hold your breath.

With LACoFD’s 6,000+ radios alone, the TG’s will get used.

bcorbin

Premium Subscriber
It is interesting that this list of TG’s and their encryption status got submitted here to the Database, being it was a “possible” list and not what we are actually programming and deploying in our radios Mon-Fri this month.. Oh well! :coffee:

Most of it comes from the current TMAC...

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you can follow-up with @LAflyer if there are problems with the current list?

Uplink

Anyone hearing anything or any talkgroups on San Fernando PD? They apparently switched over from their long time analog dispatch this week.
I'm hearing control channel on the former Dispatch channel of 460.350 with a system ID of B42, WACN of BEE00. Callsign of their former analog channels showing P25 phase II Emissions designators. It's low level signal, can only be heard in the SF valley, assuming on their courthouse tower. thanks.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Anyone hearing anything or any talkgroups on San Fernando PD? They apparently switched over from their long time analog dispatch this week.
I'm hearing control channel on the former Dispatch channel of 460.350 with a system ID of B42, WACN of BEE00. Callsign of their former analog channels showing P25 phase II Emissions designators. It's low level signal, can only be heard in the SF valley, assuming on their courthouse tower. thanks.

They're on the ICI system with Ø

pewpew45

Anyone streaming the rose parade / New Year’s Eve COMMS in Pasadena on LARICS system?