Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System (LA-RICS) - Master Thread

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Heard alot of chatter on Events 1 and 14 Tonight. I am closests to the San Gabriel 700 site. Works great on the SDS-200

As usual Blue 8 works great too as everybody knows its been broadcasting Fire Dispatch for a long time now.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any information as to future conventional projects for the county? I have a contact in public safety that was talking about a new radio system (or frequencies) that will be installed and used on Catalina Island. He specifically said it is *not* LA-RICS or a trunked system. It will be conventional, but have 5 channels dedicated to the island. I don't see any frequencies in the 2021 TMAC that would fit this description. Unless it will be a further buildout within the Analog Conventional Voice Radio Subsystem (ACVRS).

Eng74

It might be a conventional system like SBCo used for areas that were not covered by their old trunk system. Single frequencies that will connect to dispatch etc

Does anyone have any information as to future conventional projects for the county? I have a contact in public safety that was talking about a new radio system (or frequencies) that will be installed and used on Catalina Island. He specifically said it is *not* LA-RICS or a trunked system. It will be conventional, but have 5 channels dedicated to the island. I don't see any frequencies in the 2021 TMAC that would fit this description. Unless it will be a further buildout within the Analog Conventional Voice Radio Subsystem (ACVRS).

Will be apart of the build out under ACVRS. All of the LAC Blue channels will be repurposed.

tkenny53

City of Avalon is in the Rics system, maybe just for them
Marina and Harbor needs, cruise ships and maritime, would make a great spot for those

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
City of Avalon is in the Rics system, maybe just for them
Marina and Harbor needs, cruise ships and maritime, would make a great spot for those
County agencies are the only ones with talkgroups on RICS. The actual city government-side of public safety is not in the system. (Fire dept/harbor dept) The fire chief told me he has no interest in going trunking. To a certain extent, I agree with his decision. Although, they have not "opted out" of RICS like some cities have. A few firefighters were telling me about the talks with RICS officials and it sounded like a huge run-around, between equipment needs, who's paying, talkgroups, air time, etc., etc. That's when the chief mentioned the conventional system, which led to my question. I see 13 channels currently in the DB, as well as 13 from an LA-RICS board meeting document in 2020. I believe the next 7 channels are in the works. One of the board meeting agendas mentioned a total of 20 conventional repeater pairs in the ACVRS.

Eng74

Been listening to LACoFD dispatch (Blue 8) when in the Lancaster/Palmdale area. I can receive it all the way into Kern County at California City BLV and the 14. The conventional system I can get the Blue 8 and a couple others past Red Rock Canyon on the 14 or Red Rock Randsburg on past Garlock.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
County agencies are the only ones with talkgroups on RICS. The actual city government-side of public safety is not in the system.

Multiple non-county agencies will be on LARICS. Several CalState campuses, Claremont, Inglewood, SoFi are already on system, and several more cities will be joining

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Multiple non-county agencies will be on LARICS. Several CalState campuses, Claremont, Inglewood, SoFi are already on system, and several more cities will be joining
I was talking about Avalon/Catalina. That's why I quote-replied tkenny53's post, since he was saying that "City of Avalon" was in the RICS system. Guess I should have been more specific.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Just to clarify, moved are all the L-TACs or just East LA? Do we know about the C-TAC, CW L-TAC, and S-TACs?
I've only seen East LA on there so far. Monitored the Downtown and San Gabriel sites.

Engine104

Member since 2005