Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System (LA-RICS) - Master Thread

brian808

Premium Subscriber
The station dispatcher will transmit on both the analog and RICS L-Tac for a week or so and then they will drop the patch to the analog L-Tac all together. Right now you are only hearing the station dispatcher on the old analog L-Tac but the units are on the RICS L-Tac encrypted.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
I heard 50D talking to a Temple unit a while [edit: a couple of hours] ago on L-TAC 12, as usual. The desk was using their remote (i.e. very little hangtime) and the mobile had the usual hangtime.

Engine104

Member since 2005
Case in point: I commute from the west SFV to Malibu every day. Last week, before I left home, I heard on LASD LHS L-Tac that Malibu Canyon had a rock slide that closed the canyon road. It was good to be able to know that before I left, once the L-Tac goes the Big E, that's over. Of course, I also depend on nav map apps and KNX, but the mention of it on L-Tac was the first I'd heard.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Whoever got the fleet map for LA-RICS for all of the Talkgroups added its right on point so far as to what is going to be in the clear and what is encrypted so far. L Tac's and A tac's will be gone. Probably get them on conventional for maybe another year and then darkness for a lifetime

brian808

Premium Subscriber
I’m gonna venture to say all talk groups including dispatch when they switch those to RICS will be encrypted at least on Sheriff side.

Engine104

Member since 2005
I’m gonna venture to say all talk groups including dispatch when they switch those to RICS will be encrypted at least on Sheriff side.
According to the RR database, the LASD dispatch freqs will not be encrypted. Fingers crossed. You could be right, though. Time will tell. It sucks in any case to have the L-Tacs and A-Tacs encrypted.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber

The A-TAC's and The L-TAC's are just the test run. Pretty much going to see everything go away. Just look at all of the surrounding sheriffs agencies in SoCal around the whole basin. SDSO pulled the switch last year all at once once they got onto their new TDMA system and stayed in the clear for a while until they got stabilized and then BOOM. Just because the Db say D in the clear is no indication and LAPD will be next in the next five years.

dmullen1373

Hey guys --
I'm hearing LASD's ABD, on occasion, but that's literally it on the system (on my two sites, at least) as of the last couple weeks. I used to hear LACoFD Blue8 but I'm not hearing that anymore, either. Can anyone else confirm? I have the SG 700MHz site and the East Simulcast UHF set to scan with the appropriate services selected on my SDS-100. Thanks in advance :)