LOS/ICC Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The conversion from LTR to DMR has begun. There is at least one freq with the now noted *DMR Data Bursts* active. These are digital bursts every couple of seconds that seem to be used as kind of standby markers when an new DMR TRS is being brought online. I have also seen the CON symbol flash on my 436 but as of yet not enough data, and no traffic to allow for logging of the SysID, LCNs, CC etc... Some of the other freqs still show as LTR, but I have not seen any voice traffic in over a week. Apparently they are using the freqs in conventional talkaround mode like they do sometimes during events. I am going to make a little sleuthing run over that way Tuesday and see if I can see if they are wearing XPRs or other DMR radios now on hip. Hopefully they will have this up and running by August for Gen Con and I will assuredly nab TGs etc while there for those 4 days!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Well, I can confirm it is an Capacity Plus system, with at least one freq with the Color Code of 5. I could barely nail anything off it from the Indygo Transit Center at Alabama and Washington. It is VERY localized and low powered compared to how much it boomed out when it was analog LTR. I will go down to the ICC in a while and sit across the street and nail down what I can in that park. I want to have as much of the basics set up before I attend Gen Con.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ok sitting out front and on conventional scan shows cap and cc 5 on every freq so far. Hearing audio. But on system id search only get the cap and no audio. Analyze shows cap and get good signal. Had good q for a bit. Nothing popping for Sysid etc. Not sure what I have set wrong.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Okay, still working on nabbing the SysID for the new system, and will get the correct LCNs on busier events like GenCon. I did at least get a few TGs, will fully ID them soon. Again, anyone with DMR capabilities feel free to jump on this system also and assist in getting it figured out. I am also working on getting the Bankers Life Fieldhouse Conventional DMR figured out, and being these 2 are so close to each other, its fairly easy to listen to them both.

The power has been turned up on the LOSICC system so pretty much anywhere downtown you can get it. I pick it up a little from my home, but not nearly as good as I used to get the LTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.