Pro-652: Losing digital talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead313

Have programed this scanner several times using software and RR. Last time did it manually. After its been working fine for about 2 weeks, then the digital talk groups have stooped working but the conventional are running fine. Checked the information left on the digital side, I would say 90 percent of the info has been reset. Any one got any ideas.

Joe.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
May went to phase 2.

He is not saying he can't hear them, he said they are being removed from the scanners programming.

Only guess I would have is they are in a frequency/scan bank not turned on or was turned off without you noticing. Have you checked that?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
It's a long shot, but perhaps bad memory cells in the scanner. Try re-organizing the order that things are programmed, and then see what happens.

Hammerhead313

He is not saying he can't hear them, he said they are being removed from the scanners programming.

Only guess I would have is they are in a frequency/scan bank not turned on or was turned off without you noticing. Have you checked that?
On the talk group side, looking at the scanner today. All of the frequencies are gone for each of the tgs. Plus it also change what type of system the tg is running.

tvengr

Well Known Member
On the talk group side, looking at the scanner today. All of the frequencies are gone for each of the tgs.
Talkgroups do not have frequencies. They have talkgroup ID's or TGID's. Frequencies are in sites. I assume you are using the MOSWIN system. I see one site for Phelps County. Do you have only the red control channel programmed? They may be switching to the blue alternate. If you still lose the system, try entering all 8 of the frequencies in the Rolla site. It is possible the control channel may have changed.

Hammerhead313

Talkgroups do not have frequencies. They have talkgroup ID's or TGID's. Frequencies are in sites. I assume you are using the MOSWIN system. I see one site for Phelps County. Do you have only the red control channel programmed? They may be switching to the blue alternate. If you still lose the system, try entering all 8 of the frequencies in the Rolla site. It is possible the control channel may have changed.
I have only been putting in all the frequencies. Wonder if I only try the red and blue. Haven't thought about trying that. I will git it a try today. Have a good day.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You only need the control channel and alternate or alternates. If you have all 8 frequencies, most likely the control channel isn't the problem unless a new frequency is in use that has not been updated in the database. Do you have the system type as P25 Auto? I have ARC500. If you attach your programming file, I will check it for problems. You will have to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped file.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.