Loss of connection on feed problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5AWX

I have two feeds-two radios feeding different PCS-one stays on and the other keeps shutting down every six or eight hours. I think I can rule out DSL since I use it for the other feed and internet without problems. I get a message that virtual memory is low on the PC and I guess that is the problem. PC has 2.48 MB of RAM. Other things seem to work on this PC if they aren't memory hogs. Is this not enough memory or is there a problem with OddcastV3 possibly? Any ideas welcome, solutions very welcome!

Chris, KB5JBS
KB5JBS@arrl.net

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Memory could possibly be part of the problem. I do have that problem occasionally but i increase the bit rate to 24 on scannercast and it seems to help some. If your not, try using scannercast and on the config tab increase the bit rate.

W5AWX

Still having a problem!

I bought new memory, and doubled it, and a new hard drive, and I am still shutting down, but not as often. So now I will try Scannercast and see what happens.

chomps

I am also having a problem with oddcast. Running it on windows vista and for some strange reason all settings are totally blank. Can someone provide me with the settings for oddcast so I can get my broadcast back up

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I am also having a problem with oddcast. Running it on windows vista and for some strange reason all settings are totally blank. Can someone provide me with the settings for oddcast so I can get my broadcast back up

Please just use scannercast located in my previous post. I think you will find it much more reliable.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I get a message that virtual memory is low on the PC and I guess that is the problem. PC has 2.48 MB of RAM. Other things seem to work on this PC if they aren't memory hogs. Is this not enough memory or is there a problem with OddcastV3 possibly? Any ideas welcome, solutions very welcome!

Chris, KB5JBS
KB5JBS@arrl.net

Are you using AVG anti-virus software? If so, that may be your culprit.

I have 2 Vista machines and 5 XP machines here. All have AVG 9 but only the one running my feed and AVG gets that error every couple of weeks. It appears to be a component of AVG that starts "hogging" the RAM. I have to go into Task Manager and manually shut down that component. After that everything runs fine and the feed stays on.

Here's some advice from Microsoft - http://www.microsoft.com/atwork/maintenance/pcproblems.aspx

Last edited:

chomps

fixing message for scanner status

My scanner is fully back online and running 100%. However when I try the link in the email notification it is not allowing me to fix the status. Can you either fix the status reguarding my system status or provide me a correct link to fix it myself.

Thanks,
Rick

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
My scanner is fully back online and running 100%. However when I try the link in the email notification it is not allowing me to fix the status. Can you either fix the status reguarding my system status or provide me a correct link to fix it myself.

Thanks,
Rick

You can update the status by going to your feed owners page in the status field, however status is to only be used if your feed is having problems or why your feed is offline.

chomps

status update issue

Trying to get to my admin page but not seeing the link for my specific feed. Can you provide me with a link so I can update my status please. Greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.