Loss or Weather Signal selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouffHong

The HP-1 Weather alert is very handy, especially here in Tornado Alley -East. :D

However, every time I set the frequency to 162.400 - the strongest signal here, it loses it and jumps to 162.550 - a weak and intermittent signal if I have lost power (for a short time even), and it switches to the fully-charged battery power. Ditto if running on Battery power if i turn it off for a while.

My concern is that during an WX emergency, we won't get the alert because OF the switch to the weak signal from a power loss or moving it to another room. :(

Thoughts?

Suggestions?
TNX es 73

Da Wouff

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If you use one of your other scanners, or a friends scanner, does the WX channel signal and audio sound normal in comparison to the HP-1? Did you try moving the HP-1 to another location or use a different antenna? If you have too much signal, you could try the attenuation setting. An easy test.

Last edited:

WouffHong

HP-1 switching WX channels despite having programmed local.

If you use one of your other scanners, or a friends scanner, does the WX channel signal and audio sound normal in comparison to the HP-1? Did you try moving the HP-1 to another location or use a different antenna? If you have too much signal, you could try the attenuation setting. An easy test.

YUP, BTDT - 162.55 has always been flaky around here and even the inexpensive Midland WX radio locks well onto 162.40 but poorly on 162.55 - The HP-1 will stay on 162.40, but seems to want to default to 162.55 as described in original message. :roll:

Wouff

Status
Not open for further replies.